discrete JFETs vs CMOS analog switch

Why the hell don't they make 4-pin MOSFET's? A discreet device should have fewer parasitics, not more.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

That's not a small-signal (lateral) MOSFET--it's a vertical power FET, albeit small.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yes. But you asked where they are available, so I answered.

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

They did, BSS83, now discontinued. You might still be able to get the SST213. Also for some uses, the (4000-series CMOS chip) 4007 has MOSFETs with various terminals brought out, is widely stocked, but poorly specified for analog use.

Reply to
Chris Jones

Here is a MOSFET with 4 terminals... The substrate has its own pin. BSS83 Datasheet

omnilobe

PIN diode switch ?

Reply to
M Philbrook

[...]

In a similar situation, I used reed switches in the series branch, because of their low open inter-contact capacitance. (Pickering series 103 SPST, 70fF.) For the shunt branch, I found the series inductance of a reed switch intolerable, so there I used BAR88 PIN diodes with a lot of forward current, because they don't otherwise work for such low frequencies.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

The cute little Fujitsu FTR DPDT relays are cheap and good to about 3 GHz.

John Larkin         Highland Technology, Inc   trk

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
"Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"

I've used Omron GSK-2G-Y, similar to the one you have there. Do the Fujitsu relays survive being washed?

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

We have learned to not water-wash them.

We have two wash systems, one water and one "vapor degreaser" which is actually a dunk in boiling solvent followed by spray-down. They are happy with that process.

We used the Omrons once but don't any more for some reason.