DIN block for custom electronics

Any recommedations on a source for DIN rail mountable plastic blocks that we can mount our own pcb's in?

John

Don't know what you mean but we have often taken a Vector board (from Digikey), mounted the DIN connectors and then screwed whatever was needed onto that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Try here, John:

Fred

Reply to
Fred M

I think he needs an empty "project box" that can be mounted to what is known as "Hutschiene" in Germany.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

The German Farnell branch is full of that stuff. Don't know about international branches. Here's a random page:

There are tons more, and several mfgrs. The paper catalogue is much better organized.

Good luck,

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

Camden Electronics do a wide range of very flexible DIN enclosures

Some of them are stocked by Farnell & Rapid Electronics.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Phoenix Contacts or Weidmuller.

Reply to
mpm

Yeah, that word Hutschiene dawned on me later. I've never seen any in the US, maybe that is what puzzled me. I also never understood the German name for it since "Hut" is a hat. Ok, maybe in the olden days they threw their hats up there ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

DIN rail used to come in various shapes, one of which was known as "top hat", which (afaik) has now become the standard.

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to

I've used these before

Robert

Robert Adsett

Wikipedia suggest's it could it be describing the cross-section of the rail

rolled or extruded bar with similar (typically narrower) profile is commonly called top-hat in english,

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen