Digital TV Remodulator

WiFi.

loss..

Heat? Heat? What's that? Ah, yes, now I remember... it's what I'm going to need in a few years... because of Global "Warming" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Isn't the definition of "totalitarian" when the government owns
significant manufacturing; and controls the major media outlets?

Jim, After looking at the other posts, this is what I would do...

First, you aren't going to transmit digital from the directtv box up to the bedroom. They aren't making small digital transmitters or encoders. Instead, get the RF remote for your DirectTV box, and a standard RF modulator. The one I found at either Best Buy or Walmart has S-video in, so you can use it, and just do the antenna thing for the analog signal to do the actual link.

I didn't know they had RF remotes, or I would have done that in my house instead of the second receiver in the bedroom. Then, I could have used the DVR features from there, too!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Either of you guys anywhere near Beale?

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You _could_ set your digital box to output channel 3 or 4, and use a splitter to send it to the TV room TV and to a little antenna for the upstairs TV.

I emphasize "could" because I've been running on channel 3; I'd like to use the video RCA jacks, but I need a stereo/mono summer. It's almost trivial to build one, just 2 male RCAs, 1 female, and 2X 1K R.

What would I search on if I want one off the shelf?

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

About 15 miles due east.

and you can see Beale on the horizon at the top of the picture if you use your imagination.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering - JIm

: