Digikey packing slip woes

Do it mafia style on the phone... "You should sent payment.. orrr ..you know ...to prevent accidents." :P D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

CIA = Cash In Advance !

Reply to
Robert Baer

That makes life harder for you .... which is what "They" want!

Reply to
frithiof.jensen

My company made hundreds of shipments to various customers in Europe. We'd be a bit worried upon getting an purchase order (a simple piece of paper), and sending out tens of thousands of dollars of custom-made instruments along with an invoice, and crossing our fingers for payment. But they all paid, and within 30 to 60 days as well. Most of our occasional troubles with payment came from inside the U.S.

Reply to
Winfield

Did you sell to government agencies or universities? They have an internal policy which ensures that a purchase order can only be sent out after the money has been allocated and put aside. Which means that after the shipment comes in there can't be any problems with payment because the money had to be there the moment the order was placed.

Big companies probably have similar mechanisms in effect.

--Daniel

Reply to
Haude Daniel

There's also a US government black list of prohibited companies and individuals, right?

I ask for (and usually get) T/T in advance for overseas orders. Just send bank info and SWIFT code. Paypal is okay for small amounts. Net

30 for US and Canada only.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

COB = Cash On the Barrelhead

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Corn Cob" is more like it. They take you over to this little waiting area and get the gloves out...!

Reply to
mpm

Cash On the Barrelhead was an older version of Cash On Delivery. Literally, they demanded cash when goods were delivered in barrels to small stores or farms. There were no charge accounts, 30 day payment window or any other form of credit between the distributor and customer. I've heard stories from some elderly people when I was a kid of actually counting out the cash on the barrel head before it was moved into their store. Crackers, pickles, and some other goods were shipped this way.

BTW, The corn cob works better when its been soaked in turpentine. Ask any farmer who's had stray dogs that wouldn't leave his property. That's what needs to happen every time Jackofff Baddog morphs. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You can order through the Digikey Canadian website, pay in Canadian dollars and not worry about duty and brokerage. Back-orders are documented.

...or just click the Canadian flag at he top of your normal web page access.

Usually next-day delivery.

RL

Reply to
legg