Design Me A Transformer, I Will Pay

** Another f****it troll on the NG - yawnnnnn....

** Win is an academic who readily admits to knowing SFA about audio electronics - and not caring one hoot about that.
** Really ?

Posting ridiculous lies and bullshit about an identified poster are not alternatives to having a counter argument.

Unless you simply have no brain.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

--------------------------------

** Must be "rent a troll" week.

** Not even if you wound the core from depleted uranium.

Wot a brainless piece of human garbage.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Reply to
Phil Allison

I cared 50 years ago, and designed award-winning amplifiers, owned the big woofers, etc., but lost my golden ear decades ago. So yes, now I'm happy with a class-D amp and a cheap speaker. However, I designed a 100Vpp 10App DC-10MHz 1000V/us slew- rate laboratory power amplifier (AMP-70A, reported in these pages). The design has intrinsically low distortion, but with its wide bandwidth, also has a high loop gain at audio frequnecies. A group in Germany made a few from my design documents, meant for audio use, and reported 2ppm distortion at full power at 20kHz. While I may not care a hoot about audio, I can still create superior "audio" designs.

Also, while we're talking, I am not an academic, no sir, thank you. I'm a hard-working slob of an engineer who happens to have worked at Harvard for many many decades, and co-authored books. I run an E.E. Lab, and crank out off-the-wall designs.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Winfield Hill drivelled:

---------------------------

** Really ?

Even more off with the fairies than before.

** Good for you.

** No fooling ......

** Fascinating, but totally irrelevant.

** Smells very much like an academic to me.....

** Like replacing a low cost and effectively perfect audio output transformer with an expensive, SMD mosfet & SMPS nightmare for ZERO advantage ??

Seriously, yours was one of the nuttiest post I have ever seen on this NG. Plus you still seem to have NO clue why it was so ridiculous.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Phil Allison wrote drivel

Give it a rest Phil.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

** My complaints were rock solid.

You made no attempt to reply to any of them.

One would have to be forgiven for declaring you to be a pompous ass.

** FFS never post such absurdities about audio again.

Or else the gloves come off.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

if you think Mr. Larkin is a troll you are right off with the fairies

really?

I'm saying nothing.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Nice reply, Pill.

Reply to
John S

Every once in a while I am reminded of how much I miss the good ole days around here.

Reply to
bulegoge

Pill, you need a funnel web spider for a pet.

If you beg him, Winfield might let you kiss his feet. Otherwise, you can go f*ck yourself because no one else would suit you.

Reply to
John S

UN-depleted uranium would be heaver.

Reply to
John S

Phil, have you designed any interesting audio power amps? Please post something.

I did one guitar amp, and some intercoms for the C5A and the New York subway system.

Reply to
jlarkin

Don't hold your breath for a reply that is reasonable and on topic.

Reply to
John S

Right, of course. But in the absence of TI eval boards, Chinese boards are useful for prototyping. Although they don't provide schematics, their designs are usually pretty close to one of the eval designs.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

We get TI eval boards free! But not as fast as ordering from China.

I am almost sure you have fixed some broken guitar pedals. But some are expensive, some are worth it and some people fall in love.

Had one at the music store, this strip of like film had graduated pigment opaque to clear. This went down to an optical sensor that told it where the pedal was at.

So after a million emails and phone calls and all that I finally found the part and ordered it. (I was authorized to do that) However, while it was on its way I quit.

Not my problem.

Reply to
jurb6006

Those don't stand up well to cigarette smoke and spilled beer.

Not meaning to top post but meaning to top post...

When you lose power in a transformer is it usually in the resistance of the wire.

I say this now - not every transformer will be pushed that hard but I want to use the same one in the 400 WPC model because of the price busting down.

If I have to get a custom one then it pays to get as many of them the same as possible, then if I have them ready for much more power in the lower power models they will be seriously reliable, though transformers are anyway in general.

Reply to
jurb6006

John Shithead = Raving Psychopath Troll spewed.

** You need large hole in your head.
** Not into feet kissing or arse licking. They would just have to be your favourite pass times.

Wot a ridiculous c*ck sucker.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison