Degauss

What is the amplitude of an average CRTs Deguass in A/m?

Reply to
Matt

I'm guessing A is Amperes. What's m?

Reply to
Richard Henry

"m" is meters. H, the magnetic field intensity in mks units is Amps per Meter, A/m.

H = 4*PI* N*I/(10*l) Where N is the number of current paths or turns, I is the current and l is the magnetic path length.

Reply to
Bob Eld

only in antique units, giving H in Oe from l in cm IIRC.

for sensible units (MKS) H [A/m] = N*I[A]/l[m]

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given