Decided to speed up my barbecue modifications...

:FYI, the real man's tool is this, would have done the job in five minutes: : :

:

Nah Joerg, that machine has been superseded....

They also now have a petrol (gasoline) version for the big boys.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

You can also screw the wood piece into the good sheetrock around it. If you're messing with mud anyway, screws are easy to cover.

Even more reason to screw the backer board to the wall. There are some great inserts that thread into sheetrock that take a #8 or #10 screw that really work well for towel bars. I prefer to screw towel bars straight into studs if at all possible.

Reply to
krw

Wow! Looks like a man's version of the "multi-function tool ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Could be worse...

In my old college dorms, they had built with 1/2" drywall on 24" centers! A football player leaned on the wall and ended up in the next room...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

If possible I try to get my wood piece to bridge stud-to-stud.

I'm with you, screw to stud, but repairing something someone else built can be painful :-(

I'm gradually replacing all the kitchen drawers with KV heavy duty drawer slides... full extension... 100# rating... fill 'em to the rim with silverware, what do I care ;-)

...Jim Thompson

accessories

Happened to me. Grew up in Europe where drywall is considered cardboard. A wall means something made from bricks or concrete. Wanted to pull a panel off, didn't budge, pulled a little harder, panel came off, I flew backwards ... ka-crush. Big hole in the wall. My shoulder did not hurt a bit, I just had a lot of gypsum on my shirt.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Oh yeah, I want one of those :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

A few months back I ordered a bunch (15) of the 22" KV full extension slides from Amazon. They were about 1/2 the price as they were locally (about $7 a pair). Amazon is really good for such things.

Reply to
krw

accessories

Sometimes... caution is advised... check price PLUS shipping ;-)

...Jim Thompson

accessories

Shipping for all of the above was "free".

Reply to
krw

in

Frosty

accessories

I know, but I see situations when it's not ;-)

...Jim Thompson

in

like a

Frosty

accessories

Oh, sure. Like anything else it pays to be able to read, unlike whiney weenies.

Reply to
krw

:On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 02:12:35 GMT, Ross Herbert : wrote: : :>On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 12:19:23 -0700, Joerg wrote: :>

:>

:>:FYI, the real man's tool is this, would have done the job in five minutes: :>: :>:

:>: :>

:>Nah Joerg, that machine has been superseded.... :>

:>They also now have a petrol (gasoline) version for the big boys. : :Wow! Looks like a man's version of the "multi-function tool ;-) : : ...Jim Thompson

If you are interested in Arbortech's multi-function tools in the woodworking area...

The page has some problems and typo's which I have informed them about.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster