Deaths, gunshots reported at Kabul airport as chaos continues (2023 Update)

More joke government planning- which is no planning at all.

Those people are not mindlessly fleeing the Taliban. They know the Taliban has been compiling hit lists for over a decade, and they're probably on one.

Fred Bloggs

jlarkin

The assassinations are unceremonious shootings, they have too many people to kill to waste a bunch of time on ritual.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

All they have to do is shoot that double barrel shotgun up in the air and the Taliban will run.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Wonder who has a bigger kill list, the Taliban or Trump's 2024 campaign management. Heil zee stimmt Fuhrer! Hut!

Reply to
bitrex

Do you seriously believe you can scare away an army of religiously indoctrinated suicidal nutters by shooting up in the air?

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

Not me, I will stick with my AR15 and Glock, Biden does. That is what he wants us to do for our homes. Should work over there. Maybe he should have sent some over before the pull out.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Excellent suggestion. I believe it was Mao who remarked the US was uninvadable because there was "a gun behind every blade of grass" and the Swiss citizenry is required by law to keep firearms at home for the defence of the realm. And I'll wager your idea would have cost a shit-ton less cash than a pointless 20 year war has!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Then run outside to point them at the first group of 2 or more black people to show up on your street "Send help! We're being invaded!"

Reply to
bitrex

I Trump did not exist you would have to invent him

Reply to
Brent Locher

No I don't have the ability to invent him, I think only he could do that.

Reply to
bitrex

Oh right- and like Mao is a respected military historian and tactician, if he even made such a stupid statement.? Britain invaded America with three armies during the revolution. They weren't impressed by a bunch of rubes with squirrel rifles. Howe never was dislodged. Cornwallis was defeated by a combined land and sea siege by the French, and Burgoyne defeated himself because he was such an airhead idiot. Then about 35 years later the British invaded again, burned and killed everything in their path, burned the capital city and spit on it. Militias don't do well against professional standing armies.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Trump invented himself. The Koch brothers were looking for a right-wing populist to take over what their Tea Party Faction had left of the Republican Party, and Trump was better at public relations than the Republican clowns that had been willing to play along with the Tea Party.

The kind of political skills that are required to sell that kind of right-wing nonsense to a lot of people as silly as John Larkin are fairly rare. The people who can manage it can't have a particularly good grasp of reality, but once they've got to the top pf a large organisation they can do a lot of damage.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

No, not Mao. It was Admiral Yamamoto, and at the time he was correct.

Reply to
Bill Martin

"At the time"? What's changed since?

Reply to