DC Ammeter Sensitivity Increased?

--
A good king always worries about his subjects.
Reply to
John Fields

Piss off low grade morons like you.

Right. Life is so pleasant there now - why the Iraqis keep throwing flowers at the US troops. Not a single Iraqi was even harmed by the invasion and occupation - so much better now.

And then there's Kuwait, saved by US troops while their own sons played in the fleshpots of Europe.

"The one million citizens of Kuwait, where government financial assets have topped 166 billion dollars, are to receive a grant of 200 dinars (690 dollars) each, the government has announced. The two million foreign workers in the oil-rich emirate were not included.

The OPEC member posted a surplus in each of the past seven fiscal years, totalling more than 50 billion dollars. Kuwait is also headed for record revenues this year.

The government offered a similar grant in October 2004 and raised salaries of citizens by 170 dollars monthly last year. MPs in the outspoken parliament have been pressing for a new hike.

The Gulf Arab state provides a cradle-to-grave welfare system to its citizens who receive most public services at heavily subsidized prices and pay no income tax.

Some 92 percent of Kuwait's 300,000-strong workforce are employed in government jobs, with high wages and minimal work pressure."

Hmmm, and what has happened to the servicemen injured saving Kuwait? The ones who are in wheel chairs or blind living in run down trailers? Any money for them?

I still can't see how a doped up idiot and C student like little George could even get into Harvard let alone earn an MBA. Something is wrong there.

None of them has a f****ng clue.

No, that's your 'honor for life'. Interesting how you always resort to ad hominem arguments instead of posting facts.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 11:06:27 -0500, John Fields did most oddly ask:

There'd be no rhetoric?

-- ________________________________________________________________________ Hail Eris! mhm 29x21; TM#5 Demon Lord of Confusion COOSN-029-06-71069 Supreme High Overlord of rec.radio.* Chuck Lysaght: Tarred & Feathered! "It would be offly hard for any of you to abuse me on usenet. Really. I have the advantage. I could easily turn alt.usenet.kooks into a cesspool of encoded posts. Bringing the noise ratio up so high as to make the group worthless. Anybody who can code could do this, why nobody has bothered before now is beyond me. The ultimate spamming engine.. 'BAWAHAHA'" -- Dustbin "Outer Filth" K00k's delusions of grandeur reached new heights, in Message-ID:

"Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time." -- H. L. Mencken

"Consider that language a moment. 'Purposefully and materially supported hostilities against the United States' is in the eye of the beholder, and this administration has proven itself to be astonishingly impatient with criticism of any kind. The broad powers given to Bush by this legislation allow him to capture, indefinitely detain, and refuse a hearing to any American citizen who speaks out against Iraq or any other part of the so-called 'War on Terror.'

"If you write a letter to the editor attacking Bush, you could be deemed as purposefully and materially supporting hostilities against the United States. If you organize or join a public demonstration against Iraq, or against the administration, the same designation could befall you. One dark-comedy aspect of the legislation is that senators or House members who publicly disagree with Bush, criticize him, or organize investigations into his dealings could be placed under the same designation. In effect, Congress just gave Bush the power to lock them up." -- William Rivers Pitt

Reply to
The God of Odd Statements

And yet mine runs 110/70 no matter what you post. You should give it up.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

--
Nope.  That wasn\'t part of the deal.
Reply to

Gee, why am _I_ not surprised? Of course, who cares what happens to a bunch of worthless, lowlife grunts who were lucky enough to visit the Middle East on the taxpayer's dime? They were just lower-income types anyway, right? Not useful people, like the rich. Not anyone who _matters_. Well, aside from the rich people who volunteered, but they were silly. Leave the actual fighting to the little people, the cannon fodder -- it's what they're for.

Right?

[...]

Right. Use the Yanks when you must and ignore them the rest of the time.

I'm not the only one who wonders how someone with a degree in history doesn't have a clue about history and with a degree in business administration doesn't have a clue how to manage anything.

And yet I am SO much better informed than you.

ad hominem argument, ad hominem attack. Tomato - tomato.

Seems it is you who constantly display ignorance. You should cut down on the stupid pills.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

--
I\'m not posting to try to raise your blood pressure, I just like
bashing the bashers.

No, you like trolling. I like catching trolls, dragging them into the boat, whacking them on the head with a 2 by 4, and tossing them back for shark bait.

Thanks!

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Do you plan to do that soon?

Reply to
<bughumper.dustin

--
Their families and friends do, and their country does.
Reply to

John Fields wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No it doesn't. That wasn't part of the deal, as you said yourself and now appear to contradict. The sooner people take some personal responsibility instead of displacing and enshrining it in some kind of veneer of patriotism, the sooner people will stop dying stupidly for nothing.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

--
So now you\'d have the countries we\'ve helped making payments to
individual servicemen/women for the services they performed?  That

--
That may be what you _like_,  but right now _you\'re_ the one with
the hook in his mouth.

No, their country doesn't -- not meaningfully. There may be lots of verbiage to that effect, but it's all hot air. I don't mean individual citizens (who aren't in a position to do anything significant), I mean your government and military.

And then get dumped on the sidewalk, with a "So long, sucker!"

Considering how your government and military tend to prefer that someone else look after vets with Gulf War Syndrome, I don't see why not. I support the individual troops, you see, not merely the idea of them, as the wingnuts do.

minded, yes.

[...]

I don't think the point was about services performed, but about compensation for loss. If one soldier or marine gets luckier than another, they're more likely to do well for themselves later as it's a hell of a thing to put on the CV for those who value such things.

Is there an insurance against loss of limbs or other faculties in war? As far as I know there isn't, everyone from the government right down to the smallest private insurance companies expressly exclude such losses on the grounds that war is hell, basically.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Explain the "campaign contributions" from the oil companies then.

I know you are but what am I?

Odd. I have to have a four year old translate for me because you write so far below my level.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Not on this planet. What color is the sky on your world?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

--
That\'s not what I said.

The question was: "Who cares what happens to a bunch of worthless,
lowlife grunts who were lucky enough to visit the Middle East on the
taxpayer\'s dime?"

I think it\'s pretty clear that their families and friends will care
about what happens to them, don\'t you?

As far as the country is concerned, (or let\'s say the government,
instead) the care there will be financial.  A soldier who comes back
unhurt won\'t have to use the VA\'s medical facilities or cause the
government to spend anything else (with some exceptions) once the
soldier goes back to civilian life.

I agree with the taking personal responsibility part, BTW.
Unfortunately, not everyone is capable of taking responsibility for
themselves, and I suppose that\'s where cannon fodder comes from.
Reply to
John Fields

No, you(r leaders) run an Imperial Army/Navy/Air Force/etc., though they have yet to admit it, after more than a century of doing so.