Custom LCDs

There were several requests for LCD info here. This

will handle "standard" small screens (3" to 5", upto 256x160).

However, a long screen (12"x1") for reasonable resolutions will require custom layouts with 2 to 3 chips.

Contact me if you still want to do it.

Reply to
linnix

I was scared away by the engineering/tooling cost, and also received a good local offer. I saved the info though.

On a slightly related question, on one of our LCD displays we peeled away protective foil a bit too fast or the glue was too strong. A dark stain formed below. I tried heating it up and freezing it. Its smaller, but does not go away. Probably no way to fix this?

Mark

Reply to
TheM

snipped-for-privacy@34g2000yqp.googlegroups.com...

od local offer.

protective

. I tried heating

to fix this?

You probably damaged the seal between the two glass panels. There is no easy way to fix it. It would be cheaper to get new panels (if possible) and move the controller chip. Even so, you might be saving a couple of dollars only.

Reply to
linnix

Does ECU mean EURO?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Nico Coesel

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@34g2000yqp.googlegroups.com...

local offer.

protective

tried heating

fix this?

Nah, it was small 2x8 LCD from EA, we'll just replace it with new one. I was hoping for a miracle trick I guess.

TheM

Yes, you are correct. It's fixed now.

Reply to
linnix

Isn't ECU its *proper* (aka official) name?

Reply to
who where

I believe the ECU was the pseudo monetary unit that preceded the Euro ("EC Unit"). The Euro is abbreviated EUR.

Reply to
krw