Curious Connector - what is it?

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me the name of this type of connector? It's the 5 pin thin film thingy hanging off the bottom left of the chip which is itself hanging off the bottom left of the device in the first photo on this page:

I have reason to believe it doesn't "plug into" anything as such, but relies on pressure behind it to hold it against corresponding pins on the pcb. On the reverse side of the chip there's a sticky pad which assists in alignment, but without pressure against the connector itself, there will be no connection as such if that makes any sense. Any ideas?

TIA. cd.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Ebay sez "The page you requested was not found."

Reply to
Robert Baer

I think the hyphens are screwing things up. If you copy and paste the entire 3 lines into the URL field, it WILL take you to the correct page (I just double checked). The magnified images are shown about halfway down the page...

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Maybe a common FFC/FPC flex cable connector.

Martin Riddle

Hmm..i had initially tried that...worked this time. PC boards that accept flex ribbon "cables" like that use a special small connector that has a slide for locking the ribbon in place. LCD displays, like those used in DMMs use a rubber-like "striped" interface (alternate conductive black and insulating grey) to the PCB traces, and mechanical pressure when mounted.

Reply to
Robert Baer

What's missing are the < > end delimiters needed by most email and newsreader clients. While this isn't foolproof, it usually works.

Try

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

With the wrap fixed, it works. Apparently your newsgroup client wrapped it in spite of your efforts...

...Jim Thompson

Trim the link!

is all you need.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No, I missed a space or carriage return when I tried to fix the URL.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn