CR2032 battery leakage

Hi All,

Does any one have any good data on this Lithium battey or web site where to get the data.

of most interest is internal leakage current, shelf life, battery capacity curves.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

I found some data sheets - but I would like to know the internal leakage current at ~ 25oC

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

battery capacity

Hi Joe.

We use this exact same battery in our product. If you can't find what you're looking for, email me and I'll send you our research.

Also, there is a (USA) transport regulation relating to shipping these batteries aboard commercial aircraft. Let me know if you need a link for that.

FYI: There is also a BR3032, which uses a different chemistry and has a different load/life curve.

If you're in a hurry, Dallas Semiconductor has several Application Notes on their site relating to coin cell battery lifetimes (when used with their real time clock products). I think you may find some of those quite helpful.

Should be under the RTC section somewhere. -mpm

Reply to
mpm

mpm wrote in news:1182005774.060754.4420 @u2g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

There is? The only thing I heard of is that Lithium based cells of any sort cannot exceed the volume of a typical AA cell, to be carried on commercial aircraft.

Reply to
Gary Tait

We use Panasonic BR2325 coin cells in several of our products, backing up the on-chip RAM in our CPUs, to store calibration tables and such. I got curious about lifetime so I had one of my test people pull batteries from return-for-repair units and test them for remaining capacity. We found no trend at all for battery capacity versus age over a 10-year span. In fact, the couple of batteries that had the most remaining mA-H were among the oldest.

John

Thanks for the hard-data. Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

I am trying to determine weather my electronics draws less current than the internal leakage.

My electronics draws ~ 5uA and I wanted to compare this against CR2032 leakage.

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

Try here for starters:

Temperature is the main factor in capacity loss with shelf life.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones