Connectors

One Consumer Electronics Product I tried to dismantle had many small Printed Circuit Board Modules and there had been set wiring connected by different types of connectors. (at least 10 types of connectors are found including FFC Connectors:-some are ZIF) There, I came to understand that for the electronics sets with complicated wiring between many modules, there should use connectors of different types in the designs to prevent the service personnel (or anyone who disassemble it) from reconnecting it wrongly while re- assembling it. Is there any article in a published book or any website have you seen described something concerning with using connectors while considering wiring between PCBoards in Designs (Guide lines, article or anything)? Or is there any comment from anybody?

Reply to
Myauk

The only real "guideline" I've ever used is: "Use what works".

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise