Connector and plug suggestions wanted

I built a homemade control for my former Hobart CyberTIG welder.

It is a panel mounted on a piece of alumkinum with DIN rail mounted terminals for outputs.

I want to make this panel easily removable for additions, changes etc, without the need to unscrew setscrews and later needing to place all wires in proper holes etc.

IOW, I am looking for some nice connector and plug combo. Most lines are milliamps, some are low amps, one line is about 4 amps or so (water heater). I can keep that one line out of the connector/plug if necessary.

My main focus is that this thing should be easy to work with. It will not be subject to any mechanical stress, as it will happily sit inside the welder.

I need about 20 poles on it.

I have some really nice amphenol receptacle and plug combos, but they seem to be an overkill and it would be great to find something that does not require soldering or is at least more open.

Any suggestions?

Ignoramus14720

ISA 8bit socket should do what you want. The rest is mechanics.

Stanislaw Slack user from Ulladulla.

Reply to
Stanislaw Flatto

Maybe, maybe not; that is kind of a fragile connector for use in a welder. I suggest something more like a pair of dip connectors or flat cable headers (preferably locking) for the milliampere connections and one or two automobile trailer connectors for the ampere connections.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller