Wifi Design Question

I'm tinkering around with an idea that would require controlling some hardware over a WLAN. I've got lots of electronics experience, but ZERO wireless experience. Are their single chip (i.e. CHEAP) solutions on the market that can plug into a design that handle the wireless junk for me? A serial or parallel output doesn't matter, I just want to be able to read and write data to some hardware using my wireless network.

Thanks for your ideas!

Reply to
fourbeans

Check TI and these guys:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Try digikey. They carry products from Lynx that operate in several ISM bands. Just hook up your electronics and off you go.

Good luck, Dave

Reply to
EE123

buying some stuff?

etc. some googling would help further ..

-- Regards , SPAJKY ® mail addr. @ my site @

4y - "Tualatin OC-ed / BX-Slot1 / inaudible setup!"

Reply to
Spajky