connecting 2 usb devices to PC using one cable

i have two devices, one a USB2 complaint devoice and the other USB1.1 complaint device. i need to connect both these devices to the PC using one single cable (single USB2 port is used in the PC with one cable). How do i do that? does this require special hardware or is it possible to just connect them parallely?

Reply to
e2point

No, you can't connect them in parallel!

You need a USB hub... sold at any computer/electronics store near you, or on-line at newegg.com, amazon.com, and countless others places.

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Furthermore, you're not even allowed to use the word "parallely". The same goes for "bigly" and "stupidly"...

Damn!

But you have to spell it rightly: parallelly

Regarding USB, Joel is right. And USB hubs are so cheap you can take them apart and sell the pieces for a profit. They make them in a Chinese province (Chou Pi) where life is so awful the employees pay the boss just to come inside the factory and sit down. Work costs extra.

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

If the Brits can say "funnily", we can surely be allowed "parallelly."

John

what about serialy ?

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

Serially and funnily are both in my American dictionary, but observe that the root takes a complete "ly" suffix; an existing "l" is not shared, unless it would make 3, so shrill becomes just shrilly.

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris