Code help (one line)

I follow my stocks on Yahoo finance, I have one and only one, where I cannot access the message boards. Other people tell me they can access the message board for that stock.

I just right clicked and selected 'Inspect Element (Q)' I see the Message Boards line says,

"Message Boards"

Clearly deselected, How would that happen.

If I do the same for ORC the line says,

Message Boards

(mb/ORC is underscored)

Can I edit the line? Permanently?

And what does that line say on your computer.

Thanks, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Ok,I pasted in the following line

Message Boards

and deleted the line deselecting line, it worked! However, it was not permanent, can I make it permanent?

Thanks, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Install Stylish (Firefox plugin) and create a style sheet that changes the defaults for that site. Also available on Chrome, which is where I use it.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

-$0.11 EPS?

Message board appears to work properly on Firefox.

Why are you trying to change the code?

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

As I explained above, I can't access the message boards. The message boards are located on the left side under 'News & Info'. On my computer the words message Board are greyed out, I cannot use the link. When I do as I outlined above, edit the line, I can use the link. But I don't understand why this is the only stock that I can't use the link. It is obvious others are accessing the message boards. I'm using Firefox. Thanks, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Does clearing cookies and all other private information help any?

Do you have Chrome installed? Does it work there?

I wasn't even aware of the Message Board option until you mentioned it. Then again, I sold most of my stocks already, and am just staying in a few ETFs now. :p

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

That didn't help.

No. btw, I have two computers, both will access any message board that I try, except NYCB. Weird!

I have a Vanguard Mutual fund VTSAX and then a play money account, that ended up being more than play, with about 12 stocks, mostly high dividend REITs. CYS, DX, CIM, NLY, IVR, ORC, a phone co, paper co. Sure would like to see one more run up before I move to a more conservative position for retirement.

Reply to
amdx