Clock data recovery working at 125 Mbps

Is there someone who know Clock data recovery chipset or circuit working at 125 Mbps?

I know there are some multi-rate CDR, but I cannot use them.

All of multi-rate CDR generate high heat or have a long wake-up time.

One of Maxim-ic's chip looks good, but it works at 155 Mbps, not at

125 Mbps.

I wonder what people use for CDR in a 100 base-T Ethernet PHY.

Reply to
nrstone

Is there any reason you can't use a regular 100Base-T PHY chip? There are many manufacturers, and they are cheap. (Although the pure 100M ones are not so easy to get now that PC motherboard PHYs are

10/100/1000Base-T.)

Regards, Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

I'd like to extract the Clock and the Data from a single data stream of 125 Mbps. Thus I cannot use an Ethernet PHY chip itself, which does not have the clock output port. I want to know what kind of block 100 Base-T PHY chip uses for CDR, and wheather I can buy that CDR block in the form of a chip or a die.

Thanks. redstone

Reply to
nrstone

Some Ethernet PHY chips have a clock output which is derived from the CDR output. For example, the LXT972 has a 25MHz clock output.

There may be many ways to solve your problem, but it's a bit hard to know what to suggest, as you have not given any information about what you are actually trying to achieve.

Regards, Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman