circuit simulator for 8051 microcontrollers

I am looking for a circuit simulation software, so that I can make a circuit using ds89c430 microcontroller, simulate/check and then purchase the parts and make a kit.

Can you please let me know, which circuit simulation software is good, and supports 8051 microcontrollers.

Better if open source / free circuit simulation software.

Reply to
Srinivas Nayak

using ds89c430 microcontroller, simulate/check and then purchase the parts and make a kit.

supports 8051 microcontrollers.

Free instruction set simulators are available but they won't exactly model specific chips.

A software simulator that correctly and completely models the cycle-by-cycle behavior of a particular processor, its memory layout, and its peripherals isn't going to be cheap. Keil seems to have one for the DS9C430 but they don't give a price online, just a request for a quote, so stand by for $$$$.

A much less expensive alternative loader/debugger is NoICE

although you won't get a full simulator.

But, IMHO, simulators aren't all that useful. Better to develop on the target silicon and wiggle a bit or two, if required.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

If you want a simulator that'll simulate the processor with its software, I'm nearly certain that you're out of luck -- if such a thing exists it'll be from Mentor or some other high-zoot place, and it'll cost $50,000 a seat.

Of course, it'll be nice to be surprised on this one.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

And if the microprocessor is going to be tightly integrated with hardware, (i.e., it'll generate a PWM for a switching amplifier or something), then implement a simplified algorithm in your flavor of SPICE's logic, and see how the circuit reacts.

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

We use Proteus VSM which does support 8051. But we use it for PIC family only.

Very reasonably priced suite of tools. Personally I only use the schematic capture and layout tools. Great support too.

JB

Reply to
JB

using ds89c430 microcontroller, simulate/check and then purchase the parts and make a kit.

supports 8051 microcontrollers.

Look for sim8051.exe by Steve Nolan, circa 2000, free.

It works with 8051 code and I have used it to check all my programs. Really good.

Google for it. Otherwise I can post a copy Maybe here:

Sandy
Reply to
Archer

purchase

good,

software,

=20

schematic=20

Not too shabby. However it only seems to simulate the digital/uC portion of a design and does not have a connection to SPICE.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Not too shabby. However it only seems to simulate the digital/uC portion of a design and does not have a connection to SPICE.

?-)

That link only to the VSM (uC sim) part of the package. There is full circuit simulation built into the suite. The VSM is not used by all and is a fairly expensive add-in.

Reply to
JB