Single Serial to multiple Serial transfer using 8051

I have been assigned a project to make a system wherein there are three

8051 microcontrollers and their serial interfaces connected to different devices. However, when one device starts transmitting, the 8051 connected to it will become the master and will transfer the same to the other two microcontrollers using some common bus. There should be some kind of arbitration so that only one microcontroller can transmit at a time. Can someone please give me some idea as to where I should start with? I am totally new in this field.....I have taken the embedded systems course in my college as I am interested in this field.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Anupam