cell phone / tablet USB host ?

whit3rd snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Yeah, one has to have a "fully jailbroke" phone to get access to those areas, but some carriers do not allow such 'behavior'.

I have a phone I never used that had two sim card slots in it and Verizon would not put it on their plan or system. I was so pissed. It is for folks that travel to Europe a lot or Israel. No need to switch phones or have two or any of that nonsense. I still want to get it and see if ATT will let me use it. It is only about 5 years old now, but it was a top notch "Viewsonic" phine. I don't know if they are still is or ever got going in the cell phone world, but it was cool for its time.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

OK - I finally found a micro-usb 3 to USB adapter with the correct pin grounded (connection between ground and adjacent 'I/O' pin, NOT the center pin)

With this usb pin connection, the TAB 8 reads memory sticks on the usb port without system setting adjustments. It just recognizes the connecting - flags a notice to the user and opens the drive when the notice is tapped (maybe tapped a few times - hard to tell with this screen).

All the other micro-usb hardware I had was missing this connection. I asked Mohamed at the cell phone shop next door to keep an eye out for one. His supplier had just that - one adapter. Now it's mine. Nobody else can have it.

I actually went through a couple of places checking to see if ANY of their micro-usb connectors or peripherals had this connection. (have socket with pin sensors attached) NADA.

So when someone says it's USB OTG, measure it.

Might be worth kludging the contact permanently if ever the TAB 8 is in the shop for battery, screen or other repairs.

RL

Reply to
legg

but then it can't be a device anymore so you can't connect it to a PC

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Or you can just open the Google Files app, or whatever other file manager you prefer.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Yeah, well, finding files after transfer is another issue.

Files and folders don't seem to show repeatable navigation - dependent on where listed and how approached in the GUI

RL

Reply to
legg

在 2022年2月6日星期日 UTC+8 23:33:28,<legg> 写道:

I have dozens of brand new Ipads in LA and I want to sell them wholesale, great deals, please write me back if you can work with me

Reply to
徐鑫

在 2022年2月7日星期一 UTC+8 00:13:11, snipped-for-privacy@decadence.org 写道: