9000

inherent in

"ISO9000" stuff

fluff. I'm

and meet

show what

the

tranquilizer.

Of course they are, but you don't even know where they are do you?

compliant". End of

I hereby Certify "Rich Grise" to be ISO 9000 compliant, and that he has met all requirements in HIS standards and procedures.

Clarence Albert, as Auditor!

----------------------------- OKAY, Now he's certified! I'll send a bill.... (:>)

the

deliverables, in

to show

used to

certificate). ISO

ISO

long as

except

I know I did appreciate the $1,000 a day payment for doing an audit. I was very PRO ISO9000 for that result! Followed all the rules to the letter.

AFAICS that was the only result! I got paid!

Reply to
Clarence_A

show

used to

certificate). ISO

as a

from

requirements

have ISO9000?

heads

approvals

Unless it is written onto the company's procedures there is no requirement for a supplier to be ISO certified. It is recommended in the guide for writing the ISO documents, but I have rarely see it done, and ignoring it would be routine deviation to expedite procurement. One company with the requirement has a waver form, stating that the company was granted time to obtain the certification. There was no follow up, nor penalty for having many wavers on file.

Works for me.

Reply to
Clarence_A

I read in sci.electronics.design that Clarence_A wrote (in ) about 'CE compliance testing in the UK', on Sun, 13 Feb 2005:

When it was first introduced, many large companies tried to deal only with ISO 9000 certified suppliers. It soon proved impracticable.

John Woodgate

Indeed it was inteded to be just that. The Europeans totally underestimated the capacity of US corporations to generate paper. It

*was* designed to keep US corporations out of the EU. Ooops.

Yep.

You have to have a process from one end to he other, so you figure it out.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Sure, if the input isn't in the ISO process, then it's not important. ....which sorta points out the silliness of the whole deal.

Because it's all about the *PROCESS*, not the results. If the process states that we use eyes-of-newt and we document that we've used eyes-of-newt, then we're cool. The ISO auditors will be happy (after getting paid).

--
  Keith
Reply to

Thank you for being honest.

--
  Keith
Reply to

I read in sci.electronics.design that keith wrote (in ) about 'CE compliance testing in the UK', on Sun, 13 Feb 2005:

Not originally. It started as BS 5750, which was designed to 'encourage' the many British companies that didn't have their processing under control to do something about it.

John Woodgate

I used to get quite a lot of business from BS5750 firms, just because I was NOT BS5750. I could do things like start work without a full specification and ahead of the formal order, developing it as we went along, do quick and dirty design changes, and so on.

As someone said at the time, before BS5750 everybody was free to make whatever crap they chose. Now everybody makes the same crap.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

There is a very significant difference between compliance and certification.

Compliance just means that you follow the rules (or believe that you follow them)

Certification means that somebody else (with the appropriate authority) believes you follow the rules.

Anyone can say that they are compliant, but they cannot use the logo etc.

cheers

David

Reply to
David M