Vibration testing

I would suggest that you start with the American standard SAE J1455 (Society of Automotive Engineers), which covers various environmental tests on vehicle-mounted electronics.

Similar standards exist in the international community, like IEC 60068-2, covering a wide variety of shock, vibration, and other environmental testing of electronics.

Finally, try to Google "vibration standards".

John Hart DDL, Inc.

Usenet Newsgroup Service                        $9.95/Month 30GB
Reply to
jehart

Does anyone know what are the standards for environment testing for electronics equipment? In particular we want to test a controller box for use in a bus. Australian standards would be most preferred.

Reply to
Ian Summers