CE compliance testing in the UK

Yup.

I notice some semi makers are taking different routes. Some are converting to Pb free products across the line within some given time period, other are offering both 'standard' and Pb free product.

This figures since a Pb free product won't solder so well in Pb/Sn process where it's still in use.

Hard water area I guess ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

No - an Ampere hour is an amp for an hour. There are 365*24 hours in a year - thus an ampere hour is 1/(365*24) ampere years approximately 1/(400*25) = 1/10,000 Ampere years or 100 microampere years

Absolutely.

Reply to
richard mullens

No, so soft I don't need salt in the dishwasher.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

In that case, the lead pipes are not safe unless the water supplier is fixing the problem with a different additive from the normal calcium bicarbonate, which is almost certainly the case.

This is a well-known problem in soft water areas.

John Woodgate

years

Argh, I knew that of course. I thought the numbers were a bit small.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

years

Yes that's what alerted me. I'd already worked out that a PP3 (lithium ? alkaline ?) could power 1 microamp for a year or something like that.

I'm hoping to use some of the batteries on

but they haven't arrived yet. First some confusion on the naming of Kok640, then Parceline attempted delivery Friday, and they are the most unresponsive courier I've ever encountered. Next time I'll only order if they use a different courier.

Reply to
richard mullens

but they haven't arrived yet. First

Friday, and they are the most unresponsive courier

courier.

I've seen that site before, it's on my list of "sites to never start an order without a second mortgage". I think I'd end up with one of everything.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

but they haven't arrived yet. First

Friday, and they are the most unresponsive courier

courier.

Know what you mean. I'd resisted for a very long time. Finally I had to have some 1 mm diameter carbon fibre to give rigidity to a loop of wire - and I'm sure 10m of kevlar cord would come in useful - etc etc. Suddenly the possibility of a flying metal detector occurs to me ...

Reply to
richard mullens

years

for a year or something like that.

PP3 alkaline is nominally 500maH, so it should do about 50uA for a year

Reply to
Mike Harrison

years

microamp for a year or something like that.

Thanks it's really quite a respectable current. I have recently started recording my calculations etc in a notebook instead of on old envelopes - it's better for recall !

Reply to
richard mullens

I was just shaving some Regiano parmesan (with a potato peeler) on top of a salad. Marked (looks like burned) into the rind it says

"Q ISO 9002"

Is there a CE standard for cheese?

John

guide

this.

Do they record test results every time they sweep a hallway?

The Brat is insisting we install a batting cage in the "new" building; we have a good used pitching machine lined up already. We're thinking about a combination batting tunnel and EMI screen room.

John

this.

A local high school is ISO9000-- for their custodial services. We're probably screwing it up for them by trooping into their spotless gym with muddy boots after hours for baseball practices.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I read in sci.electronics.design that John Larkin wrote (in ) about 'CE compliance testing in the UK', on Wed, 9 Feb 2005:

Not yet. There is a repeatability problem with the measurement of emissions.

John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that Spehro Pefhany wrote (in ) about 'CE compliance testing in the UK', on Wed, 9 Feb 2005:

Not if that activity is properly documented. Things like painting graffiti and torching the staff room would be OK if properly documented.

John Woodgate

Please don't give the Commision any ideas like that !

Already, as I understand it, restaurants here aren't allowed to serve cheese at room temp since it's meant to be stored in a fridge in case of 'going off' or whatever.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I went through the research 12 years ago. Is that "not too long"?

It's government mandated stuff. Of course it's fluff.

I doubt it. DO you have the little certification sticker?

I am, but the way you talk here, I seriously doubt you are.

If you're not certified then you're not ISO 9K compliant. End of story.

Nope. You'd better study some more.

Nope. There is much more fluff to it than simply meeting the customer's spec. In fact that's not even a part of it.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Nope. When ISO first came out I was involved in getting the processes documentation set up. In fact we were the first site certified (first company too, I believe) and my processes were the ones used in the certification audit. The result of the processes didn't have high quality though, since the project had been canceled before the audit, but audit it we did.

That's where he's wrong. I agree, it has nothing to do with quality, rather setting up hoops and jumping through them. Sure, the ISO 9000 proces *can* be used to improve quality, but there is nothing inherent in it that *does* produce product that is "defect free".

GMAFB! The documents are all online for anyone who wants a tranqilizer. Don't pull that "cite" crap. You can easily find it yourself.

Back to Rich; If he's not certified he's not "ISO 9000 compliant". End of story.

Add to that the fact that ISO has nothing to do with delivering the customer what they want or need, or the quality of the deliverables, in fact. All that's needed is a documented process, documentation to show that the process is followed, and a measurement system that is used to refine the process (and a pule of money to pay for the certificate). ISO is about processes, not quality. You can make 100% crap and be ISO certified in good standing. The auditors are tickled pink as long as the crap process is followed (and they get their cut).

The bottom line is that Rich is all wrong about ISO 9000. Well, except the "fluff" part.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Perhaps I should send him one! NBD!

anal-retentive

of story.

customer's

I have been an ISO900 Auditor, and Rich has it right except for the need to pay the high fees for a certificate. (And the regular audits.) But you are not go "I did a not inconsiderable amount of research into this "ISO9000" stuff not too long ago. It turns out, it's primarily bureaucratic fluff. I'm ISO9000 compliant, right now. So, probably, are most of you. Certification is another matter - that's for the big-bucks anal-retentive bureaucrats. Do what you say, say what you do, and meet the customer spec. That's pretty much it."

If you disagree, publish the ISO Requirement Documents which show what you are disputing! (I have read the requirements, except for the payment of fees, it isn't in there!)

Reply to
Clarence_A

Not knowing that much about it, but, I always considered ISO9000 as a virus.

Those at the top of the 'food chain' decide that can only buy from approved suppliers and those suppliers in turn pass the same requirements to their suppliers and so on.

Is there anything in ISO9000 which requires your suppliers to have ISO9000? or makes life easier when they have ISO9000? or is it just dick heads writing the processes which require it and so their ISO9000 approvals depend on it?

Reply to
nospam