Car powered by compressed air?

Do the math on that! Oh, I forgot, you don't do math.

John

Idiot! It has to be at high pressure in order to be in liquid state as well!

That is why an LN (Liquid Nitrogen) truck that delivers cold stuff to the laboratory IS an insulated, chilled tanker, and the LNG (Liquified Natural Gas) truck IS NOT.

That is why Butane and Propane AND Freon remain in liquid form, even at room temperature and standard pressure (not)! They evaporate fast though!

What pressure is an enclosed vessel of Freon 12 at when the temperature is 72 degrees F?

Yeah, you got it all on the ball, Johnny.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

So, you now have a problem with a standard engine using Hydrogen as a fuel?

You're the idiot that needs to do the math.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

LNG is at atmospheric pressure at -161C. Look it up.

LNG is usually shipped cold. Its critical point is -83C, but you probably don't know what that means.

John

It's been doen, but it doesn't make sense. You're certainly not going to generate any useful amount of hydrogen by pedaling a generator.

John

What do you expect from AlwaysWrong?

Surely not.

Reply to
krw

I worked in Infra-red thermometry back when imagers required a liquid nitrogen bath.

I also worked in refrigeration and have made chambers the length of missiles (over 100 feet). I have made cascaded cooling systems that go to a couple hundred below. Something you might have seen once if you opened the grill on the thermal chamber, and actually knew what you were looking at. I also made the hyper-hypothermia machines that doctors used to do open hearth surgery with. Now, they place a thermal catheter right directly into your vein/artery. They can chill or revive a patient far faster than the hyper-hypothermia machine did it. Direct contact with the blood and all.

I wish that clot in your brain would reach its critical point.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

The generator is for a battery set, idiot. Like a diesel locomotive, but stationary. The battery operates the separator, and the separated gasses get gathered in tanks. Eventually, that gets compressed into one of the tanks on the work device. Gather solar during the day as well, and even tidal energy. The key is that one slowly fills the water tower, then gets to use the water.

You do understand analogies, right?

Note too that I never said that this would supply the entire need for the device in question. I am a penny miser. You are the guy that doesn't even know how to use a vapor phase degreaser.

I could get down the road with a 47cc engine on my bike, Hydrogen fired in as a fuel injection set up. Clean plugs forever, always starts every time. Hell, I could even set it up as an on demand engine that I start only when I need it and kill otherwise. I'll bet I could get the 11 miles to work on a mere couple cubic feet of H each way. I wonder if a Hydrgen fueled engine gets wild on a shot of Nitrous Oxide, the way Petroleum fuels do. I don't think that Hydrogen has the same pre-ignition issues.

I'll bet that you can compress warm (hot) hydrogen pretty damn good, and fire it exactly when you want to. No carbon build ups in the CC either. Clean motor... hmmmmmm... Purrrrrr... Makes me wonder about a two stroke set-up. Kinda like the Cox airplane motors.

Have you seen the mini V-12s?

Capt. Cave Man

Uh Oh! Fantasizing about someone else's anatomy. Why don't you take that cell phone out of your ass and turn it off vibrate?

Reply to
John - KD5YI

I do not have a cell phone (one out in the garage in a box that is 7 years old, and one Original Motorola 'Brick' mint collector's item -- they don't count).

You're an idiot. The funny thing is that you are so full of yourself. The sad part of that is that you are so goddamned dumb and that is what you are full of.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

As JL says, "Word Salad". You are getting boring again. Try to improve your repertoire. Since your limited intelligence prevents you from knowing the word...

John - KD5YI

About as much as I expect from WEESTOM. Less than nothing.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

"Zero pollution" for a car or other transportation device is impossible; ask where the F does the energy come from and then ask about the pollution created by the whole generator system. Farts (aka compressed air) are more direct and cleaner.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Hello,

I just mentioned some info from MDI's website. I know CNG pressure used over here for transport (Netherlands) is around 200 bar (2900 psi).

Wim PA3DJS www.tetech.n

Reply to
Wimpie

JL is no different than you. A mere immature little bitch.

You have always been nothing but boring.

You never had one. Ass is always ass, ass.

You'd like to think so. Sorry, chump.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

Hello John,

Many installed pneumatic systems for air power were not designed for highest efficiency, so overall efficiency of current installations can be really low.

Without the formulas, but with some (optimistic?) numbers:

When you compress air to 350 bar at room temperature with say 10 MJ mechanically applied energy to the gas, you have to remove 6.22 MJ (ignoring condensation energy). Assuming about 60% compressor efficiency (friction, leakage, motor loss) you need to apply10/0.6 =

17MJ.

If you expand that air very slowly (isothermally), so that heat from the environment can heat up the gas back to ambient temperature, you will get you 10 MJ back. 6.22 MJ of heat flows from the environment back into the gas.

In real world it will be in between adiabatic and isothermal (polytropic), as extracting significant heat power from the environment is not an easy task if you don't have space. Let us assume

70% efficiency.

So for 17MJ input (from the mains), you get 7 MJ output. This isn't impressive (compared to electric options). Together with the energy density of the air cylinders (about 28 MJ for 175 liters), compressed air cars will not be the future in my opinion.

Wim PA3DJS

Wimpie

Sounds about right. There might be some confusion between liquified natural gas and stuff like liquified butane, which is about 60psi at room temperature. Drops to a very low value at lower temperatures, as can be confirmed by anyone who has a used a butane torch or stove...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

Hi, Wim -

Looks like reasonable numbers to me. I also read your post with numbers elsewhere in this thread. Thanks for the info. Very interesting.

John

Reply to
John - KD5YI

I prefer math. If you want to pedal to work, a bicycle would be roughly 20x as efficient as the rig you propose.

John

Is DimBulb food free?

Reply to
krw