Canadian Olympic Torch Oops

Just watched the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics Looks like they had a Sydney 2000 moment with a malfunction of the torch, they just couldn't get the 4th pole working. I wonder what went wrong?, I guess we'll find out in due course...

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

Probably 'Made in Canada' instead of 'Made in China'.

Reply to
David_AU

Says "Maid in Chinada" on the QC sticker. Must be OK.

:-)

Don...

-- Don McKenzie

Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

Product Sellout: 15% OFF 4DSystems OLED Displays & modules.

Don McKenzie

*And* it's got an ISO9002 sticker.
Reply to
Bruce Varley

It looks like a giant spliff

-- Boris

Reply to
Boris Mohar

In BC thats possible it's the Pot capatial of North America.:-)

Reply to
Hammy

Mechanism by Toyota ??

"Oh dear Lord I apologize for that" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Quality Fade?

Martin Riddle

Thank goodness there was no malfunction when that boy was "flying". To me, that was the best part of the ceremony. A wonderful mix of technology, athletic grace and acting ability. Awesome!

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Not only boring, but you could see all the harnesses :-( ...Jim Thompson

"Inspected by #42"

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

That's a shame - I wish you could have enjoyed it.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

The "ballet" in the pairs figure skating last night was excellent! ...Jim Thompson

I was waiting for some bearded old gent in greasy overalls to walk out on the stage and whack something with a hammer.

Reply to
Richard Henry