Seafood Can Give You Gas- Mustard Gas

Government Won't Remove Thousands of Tons of Potentially Toxic Chemical Weapons Dumped Off US Coasts

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Anti-psychotic drugs are expensive, but psychotic web sites are free!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

:)

I wonder why such sites don't go the whole hog and worry about 1500tons of high explosive that nobody has been able to get rid of in 70 years.

"An investigation by New Scientist magazine in 2004, based partly on government documents released in 2004, concluded that the cargo was still deadly, and could be detonated by a collision, an attack, or even shifting of the cargo in the tide. The bad condition of the bombs is such that they could explode spontaneously."

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Non sequiter. But dumping has gone on since before WWII. Explosives, chemical weapons, nuclear waste, you name it.

Glad I'm not a fish.

Reply to
Steve Wilson

There are probably a couple of "misplaced" nuclear bombs lying around as well, though IIRC they're all in very deep water.

Reply to
bitrex

I was told, by a guy who knows, that our nukes have so many safeguards that he's surprised they ever blow up at all.

I'm just guessing that an asymmetric implosion geometry would require interesting timing.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

It's not psychotic at all. It's well researched and engaged many of the people directly involved in this scandal.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Also the natural decay rate of the isotopes may render them relatively harmless after a period of time. As I understand it nukes all have a Best Before Date that is measured in years, but not decades.

I hope...

John

Reply to
John Robertson

Ya, I'm pretty sure most modern weapons don't have spherical core geometrics. Football shape has been known to the public since the 1970s probably, anything more exotic is likely still classified

Reply to
bitrex

The tritium boosters have a limited life, but a nuke would still make a pretty impressive bang without that. Initiators may have limited lives.

lunatic fringe electronics

I did say 'relatively harmless' so, yes, a bang, but depending on the age how big?

Ah, notes on that factor here:

Tritium half-life of 12.3 years, a number of parts that need to be replaced at 20 years, and some at 40...however they last longer than I thought.

How sad.

John

Reply to
John Robertson

I'm not sure why it was in the news, but I heard the story of the Glomar Explorer a few weeks ago.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold