Can't glue with anything!!!

No, both are flat. Thin layer, thick layer, the adhesive just isn't strong enough.

Reply to
Brian

Pussy boy, or brainless wussy boy, your brain just isn't smart enough.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

If it comes off cleanly it wasn't stuck well enough. If it breaks within the glue, the glue is truly not strong enough. Sometimes the split starts at one edge of the glue joint. Leaving a small bead along the edge helps to prevent this.

Reply to
MooseFET

That 8005 stuff looks like a new product. Apparently 3M found some chemical strong enough to attack PP at room temperature but has not yet developed the product further than that. I suppose it needs filler to improve the mechanical strength, as someone else has suggested.

Or it might work to use the 8005 as a surface prep, and some other adhesive to join the pieces.

Reply to
gearhead

Both pieces had adhesive left on them. Truly a lack of strength, but then again, my requirements were higher than most. For most apps, probably good enough.

Reply to
Brian

There seem to be a few weird ass "turds" like COB out here, getting their life's value from trying to name call on the Internet. Has anyone ever met one of these turds? What are they like in person?

Reply to
Brian

Thirteen year-old boys, never experienced even a used pussy, yet propounding expertise in every facet of life. Worthless. Will never be able to earn a living on "its" own ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Dimbulb is Roto-Rooter's worst nightmare!

+-------------------+ .:\\:\\:/:/:. | PLEASE DO NOT | :.:\\:\\:/:/:.: | FEED DIMBULB | :=.' - - '.=: | | '=(\\ 9 9 /)=' | Thank you, | ( (_) ) | Management | /`-vvv-'\\ +-------------------+ / \\ | | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\\ \\ | | @@@ /_// /^\\ \\\\_\\ @x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW \\||||/ | | \\| __\\,,\\ /,,/__ \\||/ | | | jgs (______Y______) /\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\//\\/\\\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\
prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Stupid claim. They sell it by the bucket, and they DO have an already established market. It is in wide use, and has been for some time.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Your mother is a piece of shit that should be jailed as a felon for not flushing your piece of shit ass, the moment she shat you out of her piece of shit ass.

Fuck you, you retarded piece of shit... and f*ck your mother too.

BTW, asswipe, you didn't let it cure correctly, and I'll bet money on it, dipshit.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Is that your favorite kind, ThompsonTard?

I sure hope that hip hurts like hell.

Hell hurts worse, and that is where you are headed.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Apologies if this has already been covered. I was on the manufacturing side of some polyethylene components that were used peripherally in electronics. We sold parts that were self adhesive, where you peeled off the backing and stuck them into the application. The adhesive was sold on rolls by 3M, but I don't recall the product number. The thing about tape is there is no curing. It is just sticky and it sticks.

The closest thing I have found for hobby / prototype stuff that I do is the adhesive on self adhesive Velcro. It sticks like gang busters. I have used Velcro like double-stick tape for plastic battery holders. I think a similar tape adhesive is used for attaching the little slippery feet to computer mice.

Hope that helps!

Reply to
Bearded Occam