Can I route a PCI Clock line longer than 2ns?

PCIe 2.0 is a differential signaling bus, with up to 32 'lanes'. The data does not have to arrive at the same time as it does in PCI (a parallel bus). As a result extenders are probably easier to make, can be longer, and still meet the specs. I havent found a free copy of PCIe 2.0, so I cant say for sure, but it does look to be the case. Some information says max bus length is 20 inches(PCIe 1.0) and 10m (PCIe 2.0).

Martin Riddle

ke

rved

side

is

ion

6

=A0I think

of

timing

2ns

itched.

ies

what

That's true! PCIe use LVDS signal lines for transferring data. And the code scheme is 8b10b. Which can encapsule clock into the stream. But if you use more than one lane. Channel bonding must be cared.

Reply to
springzzz