breadboarding fast, tiny stuff

My complaint was not about the price but the usability. I can use jpeg and svg and png as well. Zips are problematic. Maybe a pdf or a tgz?

Reply to
JosephKK

Yes they do. But for really fine work i prefer dentists burrs.

Reply to
JosephKK

Doggone, the smallest that i had found so far was 0.020.

Reply to
JosephKK

You can't unzip files? I zip a lot of stuff, because a lot of my customers have firewalls that don't let any interesting stuff in. Sometimes I have to send files to their gmail accounts, or zip it and rename it to .txt!

John

so

pad

But make sure you know what's in that ceramic material ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Why, alumina of course! Probably some Cr2O3 and other stuff giving that unique color (ceramic vacuum tube parts are made of the stuff, it looks pink to dark red -- it's basically polycrystalline ruby).

Tim

Tim Williams

The actual issue is a hosed client the mishandles zips.

Reply to
JosephKK

Atmel's in-bound E-mail handler blocks attachments named "*.zip", so I send the same attachments, but named "*.piz". They go right through ;-)

...Jim Thompson

One of my customers accepts .exe files if I name them .txt!

John

As long as they haven't used any Beryllium in it ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

The zip format is widely used in industry. How else would you beam photo plotter files back and forth where a set easily consist of a dozen or more individual files?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Lets see, tgz, bz, tar, and lha come to mind promptly.

Reply to
JosephKK

Heh-heh... I have some white ceramic 4CX250R's. I hope not to drop them!

Tim

Tim Williams

You better be 'very' careful with those. A tech at Cincinnati Electronics nearly died when he handled a broken 4CX250 form the RF deck of the GRC/106 he was testing. Luckily for him, the tech at the next bench was aware of the danger and grabbed a plastic bag to cover his hands and the broken tube. He rushed him to the rest room to rinse off as much Beryllium Oxide dust as he could, while someone else called the hospital. I heard the commotion, but that product was about 500 feet away on the production floor, and I didn't learn all the details till the next day. He had inhaled some of the dust, and had permanent damage.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

C'mon, get real. I've got a lot of clients yet the number of clients I am aware of using Linux on they work PCs is zero. Those are exotic formats and I bet most of my client's engineers would not even recognize them, let alone be able to open them.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I think WinZip will open all of those formats. I know it will open "tar", because I get files in that format from foundries in Southeast Asia all the time.

...Jim Thompson

Lots of FPGA software automatically archives a project, hundreds of files maybe, in zip format. That's also how we send pcb designs (10-20 files, maybe) to the board fab houses.

John

Same here. During the hot phase of the layout my layouter and I "zip" files back and forth, sometimes at 15 minute intervals or less.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I do the same with hex files, with Skype, to my mate with a little assembly shop in the yUK, and he just programs the protoype live, so to speak, I just talk him through it, if needed

Skype is good, but just cancel the call as you send the file(s) and it's much faster, then call back. PDQ

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

lha is a PC format, sit is a Mac and PC format and most tools open all of them.

Reply to
JosephKK