use.=20

Try=20

"some"=20

effects?=20

and=20

recall=20

needed).

id=3D36&Itemid=3D62

Your last hint, to do multispeed right you also need to be at least a jackleg mechanical or industrial engineer.

Reply to
JosephKK

And how is a jackleg industrial engineer going to program trig into an ARM processor driving an FPGA full of math, connected to a bunch of ADCs and DACs?

Multispeed looks pretty simple to me. In fact, the whole thing looks pretty simple.

John

copy of=20

Setbacken.

the=20

Sweet=20

have=20

bearings,=20

when=20

inductance=20

traditionally=20

use.=20

Try=20

=20

"some"=20

=20

effects?=20

into

synchro.

of

and=20

recall=20

needed).

w&id=3D36&Itemid=3D62

The trig is NOT the problem.

Reply to
JosephKK

I don't see how that's necessary at all, particularly since he's planning on doing an all-electronic simulation of a multispeed resolver.

Perhaps you could say what you have to say, instead of winking and grinning and hinting.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

I hadn't planned to do multispeed, but there's no reason we couldn't. My first customer is mostly concerned about simulating LVDTs.

Exactly. He's being way too coy. His record for being actually right about stuff is right up there with YouKnowWho. [1]

John

[1] and I don't mean Voldemort.

suppose

copy of=20

Setbacken.

find the=20

Sweet=20

have=20

bearings,=20

when=20

other=20

Their=20

inductance=20

traditionally=20

use.=20

=20

primary. Try=20

a=20

"some"=20

behavioral?=20

effects?=20

into

synchro.

bits of

simulator, and=20

recall=20

needed).

36&Itemid=3D62

niche,

is

themselves

trend

resolver.

The LVDT part is not the same game as multispeed synchro/resolver. But the multispeed synchro game has non-electrotechnolgy parts that majorly affect performance, repeatability and accuracy. That may be where the customer's problem really lies, not in the specifications of the electronic simulator. Though it should impact how it is programmed in realistic test scenarios. Can you say gear train slop?

Reply to
JosephKK

"some"

Actually, it's about the same. But I wasn't planning to do multispeed just now.

If you ever actually have anything useful to say, then say it.

John

[snip]

Al Gore snootiness reincarnate :-] ...Jim Thompson