Book on Analog Prototyping techniques

I was talking about the NC mill, not the Dremel. I wouldn't want to get glass dust on the ways, myself.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

You can even use one of these to cut large pieces, in a pinch:

It's cheap, and probably won't last long, but for very occasional use when you don't have a sheet metal shear it's usable. I don't know how it would do for small rectangles. Smallest I've done is ~ 1/2" x 1 1/2" No sharp edges - yet.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

(...)

The ways are completely covered on my mill by 'accordion' protectors that cover sliding sheet way covers. Dust wipes right up. Not an issue.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Winston

that

it,

The

the

engineers.

anymore.

Times four, times the number of copperclad snippets you need ...

Embarrassing.

I wasn't the only one that happened to :-)

It's one of the prices to pay when part of your job is fixing EMI issues. Another one was a panel that didn't come off. Well, put foot against system, gave it a good hard pull while letting off one of those Japanese wrestler yells, panel let go ... *CRUNCH* ... went through drywall with my shoulder. The guys didn't believe me but it didn't even hurt.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Hey, that sounds like a great DIY type project. Hmmm, i might use a dentists drill with diamond burrs instead, lighter and more maneuverable.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

The

Verdamnt cookies required. Is it worth it?

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

(...)

Nah. It's just the Milescraft pantograph router adapter as rebadged by Sears.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Check!

Reply to
Robert Baer

Both copper and epoxy-glass will clog diamond burrs. A good toothed steel or carbide cutter works best in FR4.

John

(...)

And you can grind your own engraving bits too.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I turn them on and off by hand. You can also set it so that the cookies are nuked after some time. And watch them thar Adobe flash cookies. They hide much deeper in your PC, most people do not know about those.

Isn't that what John was looking for? If you mount a Dremel holder, of course, but that can't be rocket science.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Think about a small gadget that could clamp onto almost any size or shape of PCB. It would have 3 or 4 or 5 degrees-of-motion actuators, and a tiny illuminated camera. It could just peep around, or it could carry a really tiny GHz fet probe, or a small cutter. You'd fly it like a flight simulator.

John

Let's ask. :)

Hey John, would the Milescraft tool do what you need?

Personally, I would imagine the scaling capability would be insufficient. I dunno, though.

Milescraft choices are 1:2.5, 1:2 and 1:1.6 scaling.

This one:

can be set up for

1:4, 1:3 and 1:2 scaling.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

(...)

I think you're talking about a flying probe tester:

I lust in my heart after this one:

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

You'll probably need something like an Isel gantry table. I remember them from Germany but no idea where to buy them in the US. Then you'd have a personal "drone in a tea cup", could fly dive-bombing attacks against a rogue SOT23 target and stuff like that :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

there

that

mostly

it,

The

the

be

won't

on a

engineers.

stuff

anymore.

Be a little smarter when you cut the pieces. ;-)

Embarrassing.

A whole company full of klutzes.

More than one person did that? After you got the panel off, did you put it back on so someone else could have the pleasure too? ;-)

I thought we were talking about sharp FR4 edges.

Reply to
krw

there

that

mostly

RF.

with

it,

The

the

it

are

be

won't

on a

engineers.

stuff

makes

anymore.

T'is why I prefer buying that stuff. Time is money, and sometimes there ain't enough time.

Embarrassing.

No, actually the leader of the pack in their market. Very smart folks.

I was tempted, but no :-)

This was about potentially getting hurt.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

(...)

No Drooling!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Yeah, CMM-gantry. As Mitutoyo, Starrett etc. have. Not very convenient for a 3rd floor walk-up though- I think they typically weigh > 1000lb.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany