BOM file --- text ?

I'm not clear. What did you finally end up with? Did the 0805 end up as text because of quotes, or do the quotes show up in the field?

Reply to
Rick C

No Name Value Layer Pos-X Pos-Y Rot Package Comment

1 D1 1N4148 Top 624.95 1206.25 90 SOD123 NOTE POLARITY ON DRAWING ! 2 D2 1N4148 Top 624.95 1118.75 90 SOD123 NOTE POLARITY 3 R1 10000 Top 1474.90 1081.25 90 0805 4 R2 10000 Top 1474.90 1206.25 90 0805

so if I --

No, Name, Value, Layer, Pos-X, Pos-Y, Rot, Package, Comment

1, D1, 1N4148, Top, 624.95, 1206.25, 90, SOD123, NOTE POLARITY 2, D2, 1N4148, Top, 624.95, 1118.75, 90, SOD123, NOTE POLARITY 4, R1, 10000, Top, 1474.90, 1081.25, 90, 0805 5, R2, 10000, Top, 1474.90, 1206.25, 90, 0805

and save it as file.csv? can I do that or do you have to put everything in quotes? "1","D1", etc?

Reply to
mkr5000

You also need to add your unit (mm or inch)¨

I just ordered a PCB. Now JLCPCB also has leaded components, great service

Reply to
Klaus Vestergaard Kragelund

how would I add the unit? just preceding everything? (I'm using mils). is there a "comments" way of doing that in a csv file? guessing than it's ok to do everything without quotes? saw that in an example so that's why I ask.

Reply to
mkr5000

and oh yeah, do you also put through ho;e parts in the pick and place file? read somwhere that you don't

Reply to
mkr5000

through hole

Reply to
mkr5000

You can see the details here, along with a sample file you can download:

->

Qoute

5.What files are required for SMT assembly order? Gerber file, it is used for PCB production.

BOM file(Bill of Materials).View Sample BOM.

CPL file(Component Placement List / Pick & Place File (PNP) file), it is used by our automated SMT Assembly machines to determine where each part should be located on the board. View Sample CPL.

Unqoute

You follow the numbers with mm

Reply to
Klaus Vestergaard Kragelund

yeah, I've done many boards but never had assembly done. going to be a real pain to modify these text files -- no commas, just spaces but maybe I can do something with the replace function in wordpad. used mils on the board. guess you can't just make one statement about the units of measurement then?

Reply to
mkr5000

quotes are only needed for values that contain quotes, commas, or line-breaks. inside quotes quotes must be doubled.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

It is no problem. First do not export the comment. If you look at the sample files there are no comments. They don't want to read your files, they want to assemble your boards using machines that read your files. Machines don't read comments. Keep it simple and don't do anything that requires an operator to read. The operator probably can't read English anyway.

Then you can import the space separate fields into almost any spread sheet program and output it as an .xls Excel spread sheet file. Then open a beer and relax.

Reply to
Rick C

Just import your PnP file into Excel using space as delimiter. Add this formula =CELL & "mm"

And you are done

Reply to
Klaus Vestergaard Kragelund

I have added the information about Through hole, then they know where to look for the components. They do not use the Raotation information, they look for a "+" or "-" on the silkscreen for leaded parts