Bluetooth piconet

Dear colleagues,

Does anybody use/know Bluetooth modules which support piconet ?

1 master, 7 slaves

Nordic regards, Yuri

Reply to
ytregubov

Does anybody use Bluetooth at all?

John

Somebody must. Exploits are only written against popular protocols. Right?

Oh. Did you mean anybody HERE?

Reply to
JeffM

No. The local cellular provider shut down the Bluetooth on everyone's fancy phones unless they pay extra to get the feature enabled.

On a clear desk, you can sleep forever.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Actually, the carrier doesn't disable this feature. They do disable the one which allows the cellphone to synchronize its phone book with a PC, upload/download photos sent/received via the phone, etc.

There was a story in the WSJ a few months ago about a guy who bought a top of the line phone only to find that his carrier disables most of the bells and whistles (until a fee is paid). Even if the feature doesn't involve interaction with the carrier's network.

The Bluetooth headsets are nice, from what I've heard. Particularly if you have one of those combo phone-PDA gizmos. Try taking notes on the PDA while holding it up to your ear for a call. Now, try to drive and balance your latte too.

Nondeterminism means never having to say you are wrong.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I see lots of people with the bluetooth headset (small percentage, but lots of people). They look like "first adopter" types who would be more than happy to pay extra for just about anything like that.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

P.E."

everyone's

but

the

PC,

the

if

Of course one of the advantages of using a headset was to move the phone's transmitter away from one's head. Now making the headset wireless sorta defeats this advantage. The acceptable long term exposure limit (according to the FCC) to RF in the cellular/pcs bands ranges from 1mW to 5mW per square cm.

FWIW,

Clay

Reply to
Clay

What's even nicer is having no cell phone, and no pda, and giving your latte your full attention. I'm a "never adopter."

John

[snip]

I'd worry more about some people's heads acting as tuned cavities and disrupting the cellular signal.

;-)

If life was fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators
would be dead. -- Johnny Carson
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

There's still an advantage since the BT headset transmitter transmits MUCH less power than the handset does. So using the BT headset greatly reduces the amount of EM power impinging on your brain or other tender head parts.

Eric Jacobsen Minister of Algorithms, Intel Corp. My opinions may not be Intel's opinions.

Eric Jacobsen

Hi,

I read recently that Sony's playstation 3 will be using Bluetooth piconet for its wireless controllers :1 console, 7 controllers . Go buy a PS3 !!!

Reply to
julien eyries