Raspi + Heartbeat sensor

Dear wise, does anybody know any heartbeat sensor with which I can use my Raspi for showing the heartbeat of a person connected to that sensor by a LED which is connected to the Raspi?

Greetings

Juergen

Reply to
J?rgen "F. Pennings

hobbytronics

have a pulse sensor listed on their site

It looks to be well specified for the task but it is quite pricey @

Reply to
Alister

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 16:58:43 +0000, Alister declaimed the following:

As I recall, most "pulse sensors" (finger-tip type) are nothing more than a photoresistor or other light-sensitive unit, with an optional light emitter using a frequency that passes through skin, but not blood... One then detects the fluctuating transmission level as the capillaries (and feeders) swell/reduce in time to blood pressure.

Dennis Lee Bieber

Am Mon, 25 Jan 2016 16:58:43 +0000 schrieb Alister:

Thank you, Alister, I found it under

and that's exactly what I was looking for.

Best regards

Juergen

Reply to
J?rgen "F. Pennings

Am Mon, 25 Jan 2016 20:04:28 -0500 schrieb Dennis Lee Bieber:

more

Thanks also to you, Dennis, with the link from Alister I only had to look for the model-number SEN-11574 and I found

where the measurement is described in an understandable way.

Best regards

Juergen

Reply to
J?rgen "F. Pennings

on

Or just the board for a fiver from China.

With the addition of a IR (940 nm) diode and a bit of switching/data processing you can add O2 readings as well. "Disposable / single

but I can't quickly find anywhere selling adult ones singly, only of boxes of 24 and several hundred quid...

Dave.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

search for "pulse oximeter finger", but none of them seem to have any data output ports, so you'd have to hack into it if you want to connect it to an RPi. Still, at those prices, you can afford to wreck one or two while working out how to get power in and data out if it.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

ust

The cheap ones are a tenner but most are 40 ish. The OLED display one is tempting ...

Earlier digging indicated that the disposable sensors where just the two LEDs and light sensor wired to the connenctor. You'd have to make the Pi flash the LEDs and read the analogue light sensor. After working out if it's and LDR or photo transistor I suepect the latter.

ng > out how to get power in and data out if it.

Power in should be doddle, they run off a couple of 1.5 V cells so

3.3 V from the Pi should be OK (brand new alaklines are over 1.6 V). Data out might be harder or just chuck the guts and use the housing/leds/light sensor. This might be better than a single use sensor, unless you can get a single use clip on rather than stick on.
Dave.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Prices as of yesterday off US and UK Amazon respectively, so excluding P&P.

Maybe I should get one to play with: it would be a useful addition to my Mountain High continuous flow oxygen set.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Martin Gregorie

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 22:45:59 -0000 (UTC), Martin Gregorie declaimed the following:

If it's just for fun... and one has a few odd parts lying around... Make one...

Dennis Lee Bieber

. Just

have any

OLED

excluding

And shipped from China... I prefer to deal with a company in the UK with UK stock, though "fullfilled by Amazon" is acceptable if the chinese company has a good rating.

All three pulse only. This thread has diverged into pulse oximeters. B-) Two LEDs, one visible red the other IR at 940 nm. But either version is easy enough to build but getting a nice case for the diode(s) and photo sensor is the hard bit as always,

Dave.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Exactly so, which is why I suggested hacking into an existing unit to extract raw or processed data and, maybe, to supply power.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Martin Gregorie

What about an off-the-shelf Bluetooth enabled one? It would provide more data than just heart rate.

--
I met a guy today who said he was addicted to brake fluid!
But he says he can stop anytime.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
G. Morgan