Bluetooth Antenna Design FAIL

Worth a chuckle:

Dave.

-- ================================================ Check out my Electronics Engineering Video Blog & Podcast:

David L. Jones

That black stick thingie is either a special adjustable dielectric EM wave director, or it's a marketing probe. Take your pick.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

"David L. Jones" wrote in news:ClLBn.159556$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.iad:

Loosely coupled, eh?

--Damon

Reply to
Damon Hill

Nice.

I thought the antennas on my GHz phone were fake but the plastic stubs actually contain one of the multiple antennas used.

Kevin McMurtrie

The connector & case are worth $2. I would have to buy one (if I stumble upon it) just to investigate... John Ferrell W8CCW

Reply to
John Ferrell

So here's my question: After stripping that thing apart, did this guy go back and check the TX/RX range?

I wouldn't be surprised if it actually improved without the case. Black plastic is often made with carbon (conductive) pigments.

SHIFT TO THE LEFT!  SHIFT TO THE RIGHT!
POP UP, PUSH DOWN, BYTE, BYTE, BYTE!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

So what is the problem, you got Bluetooth, and an antenna, what more do you want :-)

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

On a sunny day (Thu, 29 Apr 2010 07:52:29 +1000) it happened Adrian Jansen wrote in :

2 antennas?
Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Its not an antenna, its a handle.

Reply to
keithr

But do they make an adaptor to N?

Reply to
dbvanhorn

Sure, it's sold in bottles.

Reply to
krw

Few days ago I've seen a very similar looking (possibly identical, don't remember it that well) unit at DSE but at $49 I'm not keen to buy one just to check if it a ripoff.

Tom

Reply to
Tom