Bleeder resistors >1kV

Usual resistors are rated up to around 700V dielectric. Some exotic SMT can go to kilovolts but they are expensive, rare and also long so that breakage or other flex damage is likely. Then there are small specialty mfgs such as Hokuriko but they aren't really very available at the usual distributors. Who sells regular resistors that are rated as bleeders preferably with medical device blessings?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

"Joerg"

** See:

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks, Phil!

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

thats what I would have suggested. These things are great, and 2 in series has gotten me past all standards so far. there is also the (IIRC) VR67 range, even higher voltage.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Those are wrong. Only go up to 33MOhm.

As far as the "medical device blessings" That is what YOUR finished product must acquire, not the components within it. The circuit operation must pass.

I made a 15kV PS that was meant to be in proximity to humans. The mouth, in fact. It was current limited to 11µA, and there was a requisite on how fast that limit fired. The requisites were in case human contact was ever made, even though the intended use of the device was meant to be NOT in human contact.

Reply to
Corbomite Carrie

"Corbomite Carrie the Pointy Headed Anencephalic "

** Huh ???????????????????????????????????

Must be posting straight out of a dementia ward.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Read the datasheet.

Reply to
Cornelius J Rat

Sometimes you need only a few megs.

I know. I am designing such stuff since the mid 80's. There are parts with which it's easy to obtain the coveted blessing and then there are some (especially some pwoer supply modules) where you just know it's going to be a nightmare. Problem with resistor mfgs is that a lot of them were acquired. By Vishay ...

BTDT. Mostly intra-cardiac stuff. There you have to keep it below 10uA and not all countries go by the 601-1 rules, some make their own additional ones.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I like the comment in the "marking" section: "yellow and grey are used instead of gold and siver because metal particles in the lacquer could affect high-voltage properties"!

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

You should know! He's in the bed next to yours.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Tell us, Phallus... what's a good bleeder value for 30kV?

10kV?
Reply to
Corbomite Carrie

Talk about a total retard that needs to be ignored!

That'd be you, TerrellTard.

Reply to
Corbomite Carrie

nothing that means anything.

You probably don't even know what Corbomite is.

Reply to
Corbomite Carrie

Is it extremely dense? Perhaps that's what lines your thick skull?

Reply to
none