Bit of electronics for a change, circuits, chips! yummy jummy! (2023 Update)

That's actually humorous, anti-nuclear groups who are being manipulated into fighting nuclear plant construction. I guess it doesn't take much manipulation to do that. They aren't getting much money, that's for sure. The power company in Virginia (I forget their name since the last change) was full steam ahead on their combined construction and operating permit (environmental groups be damned!) right up to the point of getting the approval... and getting permission from the state to pass along all the charges to the ratepayers, then they stopped, knowing what it might cost to build the durned thing. A newspaper reported the estimate to be around $18 billion. Yeah, I can see why they are giving a chance to breath before the pour the glass.

Reply to
Ricky

On a sunny day (Fri, 30 Sep 2022 17:39:29 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Ricky snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Safety from using fossil fuels and breathing the exhaust? Fear for nuclear comes mainly from the US advertizing the bomb. Wildlife flourishes in Chernobyl! Much less people died in that accident than all those who die every year in for example coal mining (thouands)! Pollution from oil driling in the sea.. Massive fish death end polluted beaches...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

The devil we know...

Reply to