Batteries for school project

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help with with a question I have about batteries. I'm working on a school project that requires the use of batteries and I have a choice between alkalines or heavy duty batteries. I've read that alkaline batteries operate much better in the cold (my project will be outside in the cold weather) and last a lot longer than the heavy duty kind. Heavy duty batteries are not as good as alkalines are they?

Reply to
gnvv111

Nope.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

"Heavy Duty" batteries aren't. These days they have no purpose in life other than to avoid the "batteries not included" label. Stick with alkalines.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Oh yea alkalines definatley operate better in the cold and any other time.I wouldnt use anything but alkalines

Reply to
aestryker

Oh yea alkalines definatley operate better in the cold and any other time.I wouldnt use anything but alkalines

Reply to
aestryker

Well i can say that i use alkalines this holiday and one of my relatives used the heavy duty kind and at the end of the day his things were dead and my sons stuff was still going.Gotta love them.

Reply to
Pvt.Radar

Thanks for all the replies. I've decided to use alkalines because everywhere I've read has said they're much better for what I need them for. I think I'm going to try and convince my family to start buying them after all I've learned. I'm sure they think that heavy duty means the best when in reality it doesn't even compare to alkaline. Thanks again.

Reply to
gnvv111