Rear-mounting banana jacks

Only banana jacks I've seen that can be removed from the panel without disconnecting from whatever's inside :

Anyone knows who makes them ? Or a similar product ?

Thanks in advance.

J'ai des droits. Les autres ont des devoirs.
Reply to
Andre Majorel

Try searc for "test jack" or "tip jack" on farnell.com

Example part# 1185814

Reply to
Morten Leikvoll

Pomona 1581 (tin), 2854 (gold), or 4900 (high temperature) *might* do what you want:

I don't know if all the plastic parts unscrew from the threaded part or not. A picture at Mouser (US distributor) shows a 2854 with only one of the plastic parts on the threaded part. Search for part number

565-2854-0 on mouser.com to see the photo.

Pricing from various US suppliers seems to be about $1.60 each for 1581, $2.50 each for 2584, and $1.80 each for 4900. They are available in various colors.

I hope this helps!

Standard disclaimers apply; I don't get money or other consideration from any companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Thank you. Those Pomona parts do look like they can be removed from the back. They are suitable for panels up to 9.5 mm, which the mystery jacks probably aren't unless you provide an additional bushing.

Bad news is that there is a minimum panel thickness (1.6 mm, way too much for steel) and the front bushing is round so you pretty much need a D-shaped punch for the hole.

I've since discovered that the Electro PJP 3230 does everything the mystery jacks do, with the advantage that the front bushing can be held fast with an ordinary 9 mm hex socket.