Automotive standard for electronics (creepage etc)

Hi

I am working on electronics that are going to be used in cars and trucks and located in a box mounted either under the hood or in the dashboard.

But, I am having trouble to find the standard (EN preferable), that describes the creepage/clearances of the PCB inside the box. So like the EN60335 describes the topic of household appliances - I need the same for automotive.

Do any of you have an idea?

Thanks

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

For EMC it's Directive 2004/104/EC

for everything else, check the list-

RL

Reply to
legg

There really is no "standard". The car makers want things that cost as little as possible and last about 5 years. How much water the PCB will see is very important to its life. This makes it very hard to have a spec that covers just PCBs. In general you need to design for, and a temperature range from -50C to +70C and 101% humidity. :)

Reply to
MooseFET