Australian time zones

Yes, South Australia - nearly all the population is towards the eastern edge of the time zone (in Adelaide)

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Australia seems to have half-hour time zones.

6:05 AM Tuesday, March 22, 2016 (GMT+11) Time in Canberra ACT, Australia 6:05 AM Kingston (GMT+11) 6:05 AM Lord Howe Island (GMT+11) 5:35 AM Adelaide (GMT+10:30) 3:05 AM Perth (GMT+8) 2:05 AM Christmas Island (GMT+7)

China manages with one time zone.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

So does Newfoundland, Norfolk Island, N Korea, Pitcairn Islands, Marquesas Islands, Sri Lanka...

Because the government says so. Notice how the whole country has to be on Beijing time?

--
Chris.
Reply to

Yeah, this morning I sent a proposal to an outfit in Adelaide. No rush to get it out and it was there before start-of-business.

Or maybe it was a day late.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

There are quarter-hour offset time zones, too.

- Eucla Australia is UTC +8:45

- Chatham Islands, New Zealand is UTC +12:45

- Nepal is UTC +5:45

Alaska only has one time zone, where it should have something like seven. Governments do things like that. ;-)

Reply to
krw

How many in the US?

--

Rick
Reply to

Australia is about the size of the continental US. (at about the same latitude)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

And has one fewer time zones.

--

Rick
Reply to

** Most state also have a 1 hour offset for "daylight saving".

That is how you see a 3 hour change from east to west coast - in winter it is only 2 hours.

Beware: Qld, NSW and Vic are all on the east coast, but Qld dos not have daylight saving time so there is a 1 hour offset in summer.

** Many as that ?

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

That's unofficial but nobody objects. It's halfway between WA and SA timezones, recognising where it sits in sidereal terms. Several roadhouses in that area on Highway 1 (Nullarbor Highway) do the same.

Reply to
pedro

Well yeah, but time zones are meaningless when your day lasts three months.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

There is a DST revolution brewing here. I hope it works.

China is timeless.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

How they manage at the poles:

Jeff
Reply to
Jeff Layman

I find this App handy to keep track of what time it is at my clients' locations...

...Jim Thompson

           The touchstone of liberalism is intolerance

also Myanmar (GMT + 5:30)

that's a fake. They have one ufficial time zone, but internally they have many. It's a mes s.

Bye Jack

Reply to
jack4747