PING: Joerg

I just collected enough spam with 1and1 incoming E-mail IP addresses that I have blocked their whole IP range >:-} ...Jim Thompson

1&1 is HUGE. "one of the world's largest web hosting companies".
--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Looks like also the world's largest source of spam. I've only blocked the ranges from which I've received multiple spam...

RegEx: (\[212\.227\.126\.) ...Jim Thompson

           The touchstone of liberalism is intolerance

Chuckle. How many messages is "enough spam"?

Comcast was nice enough to experience a meltdown in the San Francisco Bay area on Sunday morning lasting most of the day[1]. While Comcast was down, I noticed that my incoming spam had dropped from the usual

50 spam message per hour, to about 3 such messages per hour. I don't bother counting the spam, but even without an accurate count, the drop was dramatic. Conclusion: Most of the spam that I receive originated from hijacked computers and botnets, not servers. [1] Comcast Outage Map (from crowd-source data):
--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com