Audio input chip

Is anyone aware of a turnkey solution on a chip type thing that will take a mono audio signal and send it over USB to a Windows computer and appear as like, a class compliant external audio device? Without needing to write a lot of driver software?

Reply to
bitrex

something like this?

Bye Jack

--
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?
Reply to

In dc circuits, capacitance is futile

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

"Enumerates to the host as a Standard USB Audio Device and HID Consumer Control supporting: ... USB Digital Audio In ... "

Not a single chip though - you would need the CP2114 and a separate I2S ADC or CODEC (readily available).

Disclaimer: I have never used this device.

Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

On a sunny day (Tue, 23 Jun 2015 11:07:45 +0200) it happened snipped-for-privacy@disney.com (Jack) wrote in :

I have^H^Hd some like that from ebay. What happened is that at one point smoke came from one. I thought 'Oops bad one' (these cost about a dollar IIRC). Plugged in the next one .. smoke too. mm must be doing something wrong?

OK, found circuit diagram, the OUTPUT is not ground on once side, but a bridge.

I connected it to an amp that was mains grounded. That sorts the output chip....

That was one like these:

So, something to take in consideration. Sound was not very good either. Chip specs confim that...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Den tirsdag den 23. juni 2015 kl. 02.38.02 UTC+2 skrev bitrex:

?

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I expect they use an H drive to double the power output with the same supply voltage.

--

Rick
Reply to

Thanks for the link!

Reply to
bitrex

... as used in the very nice Behringer UCA202, $33 on EBay.

Reply to
Clifford Heath