AO4600 equivalent?

Hi,

A local non-profit just dropped of half a dozen LCD monitors that all appear to have suffered the same (inverter) failure. Suggestions for an AO4600 replacement? (SOIC8, Vds=30V, Id=6.9A, Rds(on)~30mOhm, Pd=2W) I'd rather spend a few extra pennies on an "improved" component than be called on to make a similar repair, again (my time and components are pro bono; the time worth much more than the components! :> ).

Also, are the inverters run open-loop? Or closed? (trying to rationalize the failures seen and anticipate other things that could be lurking in the wings -- not keen on having to place a *second* parts order as I'd like to get them out of the living room before SWMBO starts grumbling...)

Thx,

--don

Reply to
Don Y

The Diodes, Inc. DMC3021LSD looks likely (slightly lower resistance and capacitance, if the datasheet is to be believed).

If the living room needs 'em gone quick, Digikey can ship 'em fast, for a fee.

Reply to
whit3rd

Thanks, I'll look at it! I had tentatively picked the AO4619 (or was it 4616?) as it looked roughly comparable. Not sure how much of a difference I can make in reliability with component substitutions at this point...

For a change, I "got smart" and did NOT disassemble all of them at once! As they all appeared to have the same failure/symptoms, I'm gambling that it's a common fix. No need to have 21" panels and cases strewn around while awaiting parts! If my diagnosis proves to be wrong (or, only correct for the *one* that I disassembled), then I'll have to iterate and place yet another order... cheaper than meeting with the scorn of "why can't you do this in the office??"

Reply to
Don Y