Audio and interference from ?electronics?

I was listening to the sound from the mars wind. the unfiltered version sounds like switchers ?? Or is it some motor runing?

mike is from Danish company DPA Microphones

More about the DPA 4006 Omnidirectional Microphone and interface

Ah, electret, but expensive!!! 1890 Euro excl. local VAT (about 2k$).

So for 1 $ you a can get a cheap electret, NASA budget needs rethinking! Now all we need is a Martian showing there is intelligent life there by grabbing the mike and saying / singing something.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

=================

** SMPS noise.

** FFS t he name is mic !!!!

** NASA ain't into cheap.

** Likely DPA donated the mic.
** There was a local singer called " Dean Martian ".

Had a big satellite TV hit with: " Fly me to the Moon " .

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On a sunny day (Wed, 24 Feb 2021 01:33:22 -0800 (PST)) it happened Phil Allison wrote in :

There are many who sang this:

Jan Panteltje

More likely this...

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

===================

** LOL - haven't heard that one in 40 years.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I watched the camera view of the landing. It was very interesting, but lacked perspective. They should superimpose some human relative objects to allow visual reference points. Say a stadium, a house and a football (your preference as to type).

Yes, they have a filtered version and an unfiltered version. Clearly the unfiltered version contains some motor noise.

How many space craft have you designed? Why don't you get on that since you can do it so much more cheaply?

I thought you said "intelligent"! Why would they want to announce their presence? That would be like sending your email address to spammers.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C