Attorney generals trying to shut down usenet?

Invented by unions.

Reply to
Richard Henry

*-*-*-*-became-the-Big-8+de&strip=1#Hierarchies

Not "censorship" at all. They no longer see carrying the other groups to be in their interest (i.e. "business decision").

So what? They don't have a gun to his head.

--
Keith
Reply to

You haven't seen lies yet. Osama will be a beaut!

--
Keith
Reply to

*-*-*-*-became-the-Big-8+de&strip=1#Hierarchies

That's not all, it is a Big-8 newsgroup, but it may be topic sensitive.

Reply to
JosephKK

*-*-*-*-became-the-Big-8+de&strip=1#Hierarchies

You don't get it. Most cell providers get one to sign a one or two year contract with the purchase of the phone.

I merely stated that he has a case to nullify the contract without a penalty being legally imposed.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Is this an "islamic slip"? errr... Freudian slip? tee hee hee...

Did you not mean "Obama"?

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

No, a Teddy. ;-)

No, I meant to write "Osama", but same guy.

--
Keith
Reply to

*-*-*-*-became-the-Big-8+de&strip=1#Hierarchies

You're right. I don't get it. "It" being my Usenet (or any Interned, for that matter) connection via my cell phone.

Any contract that states that it includes those specific NGs, sure. Somehow I doubt...

--
Keith
Reply to

*-*-*-*-became-the-Big-8+de&strip=1#Hierarchies

People have tried that before and it's very hard to get your rights honored. But often (as in my case) they have a local monopoly. Sure you can swap ISP and still use Missy Bell's line but then they'll sock it to you because it's their lines.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

*-*-*-*-became-the-Big-8+de&strip=1#Hierarchies

No Cable ISP?

...Jim Thompson

|        Vote Barack... Help Make America an Obama-nation        |
|  Due to excessive spam, googlegroups, UAR & AIOE are blocked!  |

You don't need to get a new ISP, unless you feel the need to protest. You can subscribe to a third party NSP, which will give you an account name and password that you put into your newsreader/browser and access is pretty much the same. Most news access is now through third party NSPs, but they use your IP address (and check with an authorization server at your ISP) to determine whether you need to go through the verification process or not.

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

*-*-*-*-became-the-Big-8+de&strip=1#Hierarchies

Yes, but prohibitively expensive if you don't also by their bundle.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

*-*-*-*-became-the-Big-8+de&strip=1#Hierarchies

"Land of the Free" ?

Now who used to say that?

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

*-*-*-*-became-the-Big-8+de&strip=1#Hierarchies

It is a free country, you don't have to subscribe to any of that.

The problem is the usual: A company gets monopoly right, oversight is, ahem, sub-optimal and then they can get away with a lot of things. Including some of your money ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

It refers to Liberty, not stuff that you don't have to pay for. Everything has a price, and the price of Liberty is Eternal Vigilance; it's too bad that everbody seems to have forgotten what Freedom was. )-;

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Lemmie guess... you hate cable too, so you have DirectTardTV.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

No, antenna.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yeah, well... one gets what one pays for.

I watched billiards today. TV is a bigger part of my life than it apparently is in yours, and that is why I pay for cable services.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

Once the switch to DTV is complete it'll be even less important because this stuff falls apart under multipath conditions. As I had predicted. Oh well.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

The NSPs only look to the ISP for authorization for accounts through the ISP. For direct accounts you give userid/password seperately.

Reply to
JosephKK