Attacking the 35$ (not) computah

More nonsense. Most airlines have their own service departments. Some use third party maintenance companies. I've never heard of a "Boeing Service Congtract".

Nonsense. The number is increasing, though getting cheaper. The day of the $25M system is over, sure.

What IBM is going to do with them? Nothing. Assuming they even own them, they'll be scraped.

Reply to
krw

When did AlwaysWrong kidnap Joerg?

...and your solution is to run the ATM network on PCs? Come on, DimBulb. THINK!

Reply to
krw

One example of many:

Sure, airlines and 3rd parties can provide maintenance. But not without the blessing of Boeing. For example, they have to buy spare parts from them.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

programming

software they used

not THAT reliable.

Where did I say that? My point is that it took hours to get it back up. That is not supposed to happen. And this was not the only case, as evidenced in the other link I brought.

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

There is also an aftermarket for airplane parts. New parts can only be purchased from Boeing for obvious reasons. SO WHAT?

Reply to
krw

programming

software they used

not THAT reliable.

Letting

...and your clairvoyance tells you that it's a hardware problem. Did it ever occur to you that it may even be a human error. Or software? (both are quite likely). Yet you have no problem placing blame.

More bullshit.

Reply to
krw

[...]

Some more info about the market:

Quote "However, in May Gartner reported that globally Hewlett-Packard knocked IBM from the top spot in worldwide server revenue during the first quarter, as the market for x86 systems picked up but sales of Unix and mainframe systems continued to decline" ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Unless, of course, you'd declare that the analysts at Gartner are full of it :-)

IBM is still in a good position with their System Z. But the writing is on the wall.

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

And i have been in their electrical rooms where they took service at 4800 Volts and walked up to and touched the front panel of just such (480 V,

3600 A) a breaker. The front panel of that breaker was 2 feet wide by 4 feet tall, it was fed with 3/8" by 6" copper bars. That breaker was in a low voltage distribution center that 7 feet tall, 3 feet deep and 27 feet wide.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

I give up. You're too stupid to actually read the links you posted. No where in it did it mention 300 feet of coax. Back into the dimbulb pit for you.

Michael A. Terrell

I don't know, and I no longer care.

Michael A. Terrell

Well, AlwaysWrong is most likely tied to a bed sucking thick porridge through a straw while Joerg OTOH is most likely having a Bier und Bradwurst fest :-)

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Joerge would piss himself in a place like that. :(

Michael A. Terrell

All that crap must be plugging the blood flow to his brain. :(

Michael A. Terrell

[...]

It is coax. In case you've forgotten, I also mentioned that we _have_ here a drop of about 200ft of coax. Provided by the installers of our cable TV provider. Obviously they were able to do, 20 years ago, what you claim to be impossible or uneconomical today. Because that's when this was installed.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

breaker

get

cables

makes

4800

V,

4

in a

feet

I('ll tell you i wasn't far from it when i saw the transformers that fed it. About 8 foot diameter and about 15 feet tall cans plus insulators = and BIG tabs for the LV bus bars to connect to. The LV side had to be braced for 250kA SC.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Then you remembered the voltage gradients, and decided to wait. ;-)

Michael A. Terrell