Panteltje's flight computah

having to choose between some embedded board (or making one), plus needed features such as GPS Compass GSM (for remote control) G sensor fast processor programmable in C running Linux power source camera video recording audio recording data entry facility (type name of city or coordinates here to deliver present), and a lot of other facilities, I decided against embedded boards and in favor of an Android phone.

This is simply a price versus features decision. The 'complication level' here is: How to interface to say servos:

(a servo is a servo, no matter how many and what they are used for)

Now there are many ways, the USB way, as shown here, is only one. You could use audio in / out too (one of those old 1200 Bd modem chips), or simply flash the display backlight, or the power LED. camera (there are 2 cameras, back for aerial photography, but front could be used as data input too.

So here is again some nice programming ahead, I always say: gimme an I/O pin, and I can do anything. Different from the Stones 'gimme shelter' or whatever.

Maybe (but I am at max download for this month now) I will get Ubuntu for ARM?? and the rest of the Eclipse and JAVA stuff. Have about a third of it I think. and even write an app? An other bonus, the huge market! Plenty of people will want to fly ChaCha. Actually this is a facebook phone, but I fell for the QWERTY keyboard and extra button... Price was good too about 150 Euro simlock free. Now does not that look nice in the cockpit? And leaves space for cookies and other essential stuff when flying to the moon.

:-)

Could post to Usenet with it too... Maybe I should port NewsFleX? Sell for a dollar. Maybe enough for icecream. In the Caribbean. Got almost a hundred programs that only need porting to 'apps', noticed there is a C native solution in the SDK. They write 'NO IT REALLY IS NOT ALWAYS FASTER (than JAVA crap)', we will see... :-)

Copyright Jan Panteltje 2012-always

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

That has to be some of the worst soldering I have ever seen.

My iPad does flight computing far better. Airport overviews, etc.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

And when do you thing you are going to get one ??

With the many new products becoming available, why chose a product with only half the documentation of others.

Reply to
hamilton

On a sunny day (Fri, 25 May 2012 15:46:09 -0600) it happened m II wrote in :

Mike, I looked up 275 single board computahs on ebay. Went into the details of most.

Sure a strawberry is cheap and seems like a good deal. But this gives me: 800 MHz processor. Display Keyboard 2 cameras, one VGA real time clock, battery backup Global connectivity (GSM). GPS google maps, can just type in the address. Complete SDK with Eclipse (bloated but will see). Wi-Fi Internet 2 GB SD card it came will (accepts bigger of course) Video recording Auto upload of pics and video to internet (facebook, whatever), Voice control. Voice guided navigation .... .... can run Ubuntu (and probably any other Linux compiled for this processor as chroot, that means the normal soft will keep running too. Can be controlled via SMS, email, http, write your server, whatever, if it must be (NETCAT hahaha :-). Can send live pictures and video from flight

The list is endless. Now add all that to a strawberry, or Olimex board, and simply add the dollars.

And then ..... there is the WEIGHT: 150 grams for all that. Oh and the power source...

If you can do it cheaper better, post it here, then I must have overlooked something.

I played around a bit with it yesterday, and navigation is really stunning, camera is not like my Canon 470, but hey, Canon makes super cameras, but for sure you can see where you are flying no problem, given sufficient light.

And then there is the huge Android market, and user base. Took only seconds to find things I needed to know on the web.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Always wrong: theslipperman

Jobs is dead. Apple will follow, slowly wither away like it did when Jobs left. I already see changes...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

snipped some shtuff

I want the brain card and the software this guy put together.

Screw your crawl along like a snail experiment. This guy has some GEAR!!! (uhhh had)

I want the brain card and the software this guy put together.

MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

Do you really need to sport being retarded? Get off the attack bandwagon, asswipe.

Yeah. See where you overstepped now, asswipe?

Ummm OK. Totally irrelevant.

Have you been sleeping for the last ten years?

Did it? And was that the reason? You are blind.

I put very little if any credibility in anything you claim to see, much less what you spew about it in here.

You are "like" SkyTard Failing, but your difference is age and senility.

And then there is that decades old bent perception of reality thing. Since you hard wired yourself that way, your eyes will never truly be opened.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Always wrong:

So where is the hardware you build? Where is the software you wrote? Where are your Apple shares? Where is your money, not where your mouth is obviously, although there is some space there. I am sure all yours would fit in there ;-)

Now go back to your rat hole. Do not worry about that, they had rat brain cells steer a flight simulator. All you need to do is declare you support organ spending.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Rat Brain Dead, alias AlwaysWong:

'Our?' nothing up here.

I think they delivered Scotty's ashes into space this time. Why not subscribe to that service, do it NOW. Ask them to make it snappy.

You cannot even program in BASIC.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje