arbitray inpedance vs frequency spice model

Is there a SPICE model that allows to set to define a two pin device to have arbitraty impedance vs frequency?

I measured the impedance of a device that has a odd impedance. I'd like to model that without making a lumped circuit with R,L,C.

Any of you guys know of such a thing or dealt with this issue in the past?

Reply to
mook johnson

What Spice program are you using? You can use tables in a voltage controlled current source in PSpice and LTspice (PSpice syntax can be used in LTspice). Table will have frequency and complex admittance.

Here's an educational listing on how to make a resistor from a VCCS where the resistance is controlled by a voltage.

VOLTAGE CONTROLLED RESISTOR EXAMPLE

*TO CHECK RESISTANCE, USE EXPRESSION V(2,0)/I(R1)

Vin 1 0 AC 1.0V R1 1 2 1N ;CURRENT MONITOR

X1 2 0 4 0 VCR

*CONTROL VOLTAGE Vadj 4 0 900V Rjunk 4 0 1

*VOLTAGE CONTROLLED RESISTOR SUBCIRCUIT

  • 1.0 VOLT = 1.0 OHM
  • +------- resistor terminal +
  • | +----- resistor terminal -
  • | | +--- pos control node
  • | | | +- neg control node .SUBCKT VCR 1 2 3 4 G1 1 2 VALUE={V(1,2)/V(3,4)} .ENDS VCR

.AC DEC 10 1kHz 10kHz .PROBE .END

==================== A VCCS table with a frequency dependent admittance will look something like this.

.SUBCKT XDCR 1 2 G_G1 2 1 FREQ {V(2,1)}= R_I (

  • 1000 12.41u 273.5u
  • 1150 18.61u 319.4u
  • 1300 28.13u 363.7u
  • 1450 40.99u 407.5u
  • 1600 60.94u 454.5u
  • 1750 88.09u 493.1u
  • 1900 121.5u 523.9u
  • 2050 156.6u 542.4u
  • ) .ENDS XDCR

As an excercise to the student, use your Spice skills to put together the above examples.

--
Mark
Reply to

Also take a look at VVC.zip on the Models page of my website. ...Jim Thompson

You might try playing with a combination of arbitrary behavioral sources (B), or dependent current and voltage sources (E, F, G, and H)

You can even use polynomials.

RTFM ;-)

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

If you want answers to these questions I suggest going to

and search for the LTSpice group. This is a busy group, someone will know the answer.

Mark.

Reply to
markp